Hi everyone! I hope you had a great week!
As you may have heard, this was a sad week for us here at Joyfully Jay as our lovely reviewer Sammy passed away. Sammy was among the first people to join the blog as a reviewer and was on the team for over nine years. In that time, she wrote 724 reviews for us. She was also one of the first people I met when I joined the romance community and a friend for many years. I shared some more thoughts earlier this week on this post, so check it out if you want to hear more about Sammy from my perspective.
On happier news, today is the 7-year anniversary at Joyfully Jay for both Michelle and Kris. In that time, Kris has written almost 600 reviews and Michelle over 1000! Seriously, we have the absolute best team here! Thank you guys for being so amazing!
With Sammy’s passing and Kenna’s recent retirement, things will likely be a little bit quieter here for a little while. I will be looking at some point to bring on some new reviewers, but I’m not quite ready yet. But we still have some great stuff planned for you this week. Here is what we have scheduled:
- Review: Blood by A.J. Sherwood and Jocelynn Drake (Jay)
- Review: The Social Climber by Jere’ M. Fishback (Veronica)
- Review: Commencement by Jamie Craig (Sue)
- Guest Post: Taste of Fear by Davidson King
- Review: I’ve Walked Where You’ve Been by Marina Vivancos (Michelle)
- Review: Silky Smooth by A.M. Arthur (Jay)
- Review: Falling for Trouble by R. Cayden (Kris)
- Guest Post: Mergers and Acquisitions by Jodi Payne
- Review: Artifacts by Bailey Bradford (Elizabeth)
- Review: Across the Sapphire Sea by Lee Colgin (Jay)
- Review: Nothing But Good by Kess McKinley (Camille)
- Guest Post: Fix the World Anthology
- Review: The Sheltering Tree by J.R. Lawrie (Michelle)
- Audiobook Review: Escort by Harper Fox (Jay)
- Audiobook Review: Thomas Elkin by N.R. Walker (Kris)
- Guest Post: Across the Sapphire Sea by Lee Colgin
- Review: There Will Be Aliens by Holly Day (Sue)
- Review: Bounce by Becca Seymour (Jay)
- Review: Holding onto the Light by Lucian Grey (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: Shift of Morals by K. Webster
- Audiobook Review: Bat Boy by Christina Lee (Michelle)
And that should do it for this week! Thanks for joining us!
I am so sorry for your loss. Close friends are the ones you’ll really miss because you’ll find yourself turning to share something and they aren’t there.
The reviews for next week look great. I’ve only read ARC’s for 5 of them so there will be fresh ‘material’ for me to check out.
Happy 7th anniversaries to you both, Michelle and Kris.
Thanks so much Kareni.