Today I am so pleased to welcome Davidson King to Joyfully Jay. Davidson has come to talk to us about her latest release, Taste of Fear. She has also brought along books to give away. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Taste Of Fear is the fourth and final book in my Joker’s Sin series and it ends with a bang. Writing this series within the Haven Hart Universe was quite interesting. I feel it shows a different layer to the fictional world and how mayhem is the blood that flows through there.
Each book can be read as a standalone but I’ve been told from readers they get more out of it by reading them in a row. In Taste Of Fear, we are getting Ciro and Xander’s story. Delving into Ciro’s mind was by far one of the most painful experiences of my career. His backstory is heartbreaking and writing it brought forth one of my biggest fears.
These characters fight through their own internal battles, while trying to outsmart a serial killer before they find them. I love writing a dark story line. I had to really had to do justice to the serial killer and in doing so, I touched on some of their demented and dangerous ways. Writing torture isn’t easy but I felt to pull the reader in, I had to make them feel that fear like the characters. Making a reader relate is the only way to truly keep them engaged.
So I suppose you can say I give the reader a taste of fear.
Joker’s Sin follows four men who work at the club, Joker’s Sin, and the men who love them. It takes place within the Haven Hart Universe, but absolutely build their own universe all their own.
Ciro Navarro has never had it easy, but he learned to survive. Nightmares of a past he cannot erase plague him but thankfully, much of his horrible life is in the rearview mirror. He lives in the present, focusing on his found family, lifelong friends, and the job that fulfills him. Ciro’s circle is small but tight; if you’re in it, you are his world. And somehow he’s become a rescuer—at the slightest hint someone he cares about is in trouble, he comes running.
After years of hard work and patience, Xander has fulfilled his goal and made a name for himself as a world-renowned chef. He lives his dream every day: cooking up and serving recipes that bring people joy. Though he has restaurants in several locations, it’s Haven Hart Xander calls home, and he can’t imagine settling anywhere else. Life is good. In fact, everything in Xander’s life is perfect…until people from his past start turning up dead.
When word of a serial killer hell-bent on ending Xander comes to light, Ciro’s instincts kick in and he vows to keep Xander, the sweet and humble man he finds himself gravitating toward, alive. The seriousness of what is happening rattles Xander, and he allows Ciro into his home to protect him. Close proximity heats things up and shows Ciro and Xander how much they’ve come to mean to each other, but the precautions they’ve taken may not be enough to keep them safe.
When the unthinkable happens, they are put to the test. Can Xander and Ciro survive the crazed serial killer who stands in the way of their forever?
Davidson King, always had a hope that someday her daydreams would become real-life stories. As a child, you would often find her in her own world, thinking up the most insane situations. It may have taken her awhile, but she made her dream come true with her first published work, Snow Falling.
She managed to wrangle herself a husband who matched her crazy and they hatched three wonderful children.
If you were to ask her what gave her the courage to finally publish, she’d tell you it was her amazing family and friends. Support is vital in all things and when you’re afraid of your dreams, it will be your cheering section that will lift you u
- Website/newsletter: https://www.davidsonking.com
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DavidsonKingsCourt/
- Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/DavidsonKingAuthor/
- Personal Page: https://www.facebook.com/DiverseReader
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/davidsonkingauthor/?hl=en
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Davidson-King/e/B0782T3DMJ/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/davidson-king
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17286464.Davidson_King
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DavidsonKing11
Davidson has brought a choice of one of her Joker’s Sin ebooks to give away to two lucky readers. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, April 15th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.