Today I am so pleased to welcome Edie Montreux to Joyfully Jay. Edie has come to share the cover for her upcoming release, Pika Perfect. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you so much for letting me share my new cover for Pika Perfect (mybook.to/PikaPerfect) with everyone, Jay! Cate Ashwood did a fabulous job capturing Paul and one of his mountaintop pikas.
Pika Perfect is a relaunch/2nd edition. It also grew from 26k to 40k words since original publication.
Depending on where you live and how much exposure you’ve had to nature, you may not know what a pika is. I describe them as alpine rodents. They are related to rabbits, but have smaller ears and no tail. They are also vulnerable to climate change; with some scientists giving them another 20 years before they go extinct.
I wanted to bring a pika home with me from Rocky Mountain National Park. I was three, and I don’t think my parents had quite realized my tenacity. I asked every day of our trip if this was the day we would get a pika. My family got me a hamster when we got home. (I tried this technique with a horse when I was in first grade, but all I got were a bunch of horse books and My Little Ponies.)
What I remember about having a hamster is they didn’t last long. We had a revolving door of little rodents until I was in fourth grade. That year, my hamster lasted just long enough to have a science fair project dedicated to her. I never got another. If you’re a better rodent handler than I am, congrats! We can all be better stewards of wild pikas by learning more about their plight (but my book is about the romance, so don’t stop there!).
Blaze Langdon is more than another pretty face on Instagram. He’s turning his senior wildlife biology project into a one-man ad campaign to save the pika, his favorite rodent. To do it, he’ll take his virtual fans deep into the mountains to find pikas in their natural habitat.
Paul Stone moved to Wyoming to escape people like Blaze. On a deadline to revise the final novel in his thriller series before his readers turn on him for good, he doesn’t have time for college kids snooping around his mountain, even if the national park ends at his driveway.
When Blaze tumbles over a concrete barricade into Paul’s life, they begin an unlikely friendship that turns into more. If they’re not careful, they could develop a real connection beyond Paul’s fans and Blaze’s online followers.
Pika Perfect is an M/M romance between an author living alone on a Wyoming mountaintop and a makeup-flaunting college student determined to find photogenic pikas, a job as a park ranger, and a happily-ever-after. It has an attempt to camp in a parking lot, Thanksgiving football, Christmas decorations, and a bad college roommate. No pikas were harmed in the writing of this book.
Edie Montreux (https://www.ediemontreux.com/) is demisexual and an ally for all aspects of the LGBTQ+ rainbow. She loves her husband, Queen, dogs, and video games. Edie works full time to support her LGBTQ-fiction writing habit, but still finds time to walk the dogs and protect imaginary worlds from fantasy creatures.
Edie has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, May 14th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.