Today I am so pleased to welcome Anyta Sunday to Joyfully Jay. Anyta has come to share an exclusive excerpt from Cameron Wants to be a Hero. Anyta also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving a big welcome!
Cameron hauled himself into the tree, palms scraping rough bark, feet pushing against branches. He slung himself onto the crumbly wall and sidled up to a gargoyle-topped pillar. The place was as frightening as every pre-teen in Port R?tapu thought. Or the owners had a sense of humor. If he kept still, John would never look up, but if he did, Cameron would be hidden by the stone form.
God, his pulse had never drummed this fast. Look at him. Running away from one boy while stalking another at his haunted abode. Practically French kissing a gargoyle. This might be as close as he’d come to any kissing, at this rate. He thumped his forehead against the mossy stone.
A throat cleared under him. “His name’s Stine.”
Cameron tensed at the painfully familiar British accent.
He cringed, but his belly lurched wildly. As if—no, surely Cameron hadn’t wanted this to happen?
He pulled his face off the gargoyle.
Disorderly hair, humored eyes, crooked smile; Henry looked exactly as he remembered. This time wearing heavy black boots, dark jeans and a leather jacket over a gray hoodie. His arms were folded, expression expectant.
“Stein?” Cameron’s voice cracked. “Like the German word for stone?”
“Sharper ‘s’. Stine. As in R. L. Stine.” Henry introduced the other gargoyles, one after the other. “Hitchcock. Stoker. Wells. Simmons. Koontz.”
The Tilney’s had a sense of humor then.
Especially this one, who watched Cameron with a twinkle in his eye.
John’s voice rang in the distance, farther now. Perhaps he was making his way to the studios again.
Cameron let out a relieved breath. “I’m glad to see you again, Henry.”
“I should hope. You coming here and all.”
Heat crawled up his neck. “I wanted to return your socks.”
“By all means, throw them down.”
“I would, but I forgot them.”
“You’re either exceptionally scatterbrained, or you’re here on more nefarious business.” Henry affected his voice, making light of any potential evils Cameron might have in store.
“Or perhaps,” Henry added, “you wanted to dance again?”
Heat choked him. Mortification didn’t begin to cover it. “If those are my only options, I’ll go with nefarious business.”
He laughed, delighted. “How nefarious are we talking?”
Cameron surreptitiously leaned down, stage-whispering, “I’m sort of stalking.”
“Never would have guessed.”
“I’ve never done it before, so I’m not very skilled.”
“Ah, well. Practice and all that.” Henry lifted a brow. “Do you like what you’ve seen?”
Love, Austen (Book 2)
Lake: Did you get his number this time?
Cameron: Yes. But I’m not sure I should use it so soon.
Lake: What’s soon? Didn’t you last see him yesterday?
Cameron: I thought you’re meant to wait three days? Otherwise it looks desperate.
Lake: You are desperate.
Lake: From everything you’ve told me, sounds like this could be something.
Cameron: You think?
Lake: Message him. Keep it sexy.
When it comes to romance books, Cameron Morland can always read between the lines. When it comes to real romance, he may need a dictionary.
It’s Northanger Abbey, complete with a neo-gothic mansion and charming misunderstandings. But contemporary. And gay.
I’m a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.
Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.
I write a variety of stories, Contemporary MM Romances with a good dollop of emotion, Contemporary lighthearted MM Romances, and even a splash of fantasy.
My books have been translated into German, Italian, French, Spanish, and Thai.
- Contact: http://www.anytasunday.com/about-anyta/
- Sign up for Anyta’s newsletter and receive a free e-book: http://www.anytasunday.com/newsletter-free-e-book/
- Join my Facebook group to chat all things Slow Burn Romance: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlowBurnSundays/
- You can also find me here:? www.anytasunday.com
- For information about new releases and freebies, follow me on BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/anyta-sunday
To celebrate the release of Cameron Wants To Be A Hero, Anyta is giving away a 1 mug with a design of winner’s choice (Cameron or Signs of Love designs) + Cameron illustration postcards. You can check out designs HERE!
Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.