Today I am so pleased to welcome Elle Keaton to Joyfully Jay. Elle has come to talk to share an exclusive excerpt from her latest release, Real Trouble. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
“He couldn’t resist taking a closer look at the Thing, which was cool in a weird, retro way. Like the way video games from his childhood were suddenly “in.” Dany kept it in good shape. The Thing had hideous tiger-stripe front seat covers that were somehow perfect for it. The convertible soft-top was pristine, no rips or tears that Soren could see.
Next, he peeked inside the windows of what had been, in a previous era, a carriage house or maybe even a stable. Inside, it was jam-packed with paraphernalia. Even though it was too dark to see well, Soren spotted a couple of canoes, wheelbarrows and other gardening equipment, boxes stacked from floor to ceiling, and cables and ropes.
“You told Birdy you’d talk to him. Quit stalling,” he muttered, heading back to the cruiser to place his service weapon in the safety of the trunk gun locker. He didn’t need a weapon to interview Dany Petyr.
Feeling more than a little nervous, Soren began to mount the stairs. He didn’t know how Dany was going to react. More than that, he was unsure of his own feelings. These nerves were more than a reaction to questioning a witness. He was about to see the man who’d almost broken him.
It was nothing, he reassured himself again. He was a professional, a well-trained cop. He could deal with seeing and questioning an ex-lover. It was no big deal. At the top of the stairs, he didn’t hesitate. He lifted his hand and rapped on the window with his knuckles. The sound seemed loud in the quiet of the dusk settling around him. Maybe Dany wasn’t home. Maybe he didn’t have to do this.
He heard the soft rustle of movement on the other side of the door, footsteps padding closer, the click of the lock releasing. The handle turned, and the door opened a sliver.”
West Coast Forensics, Book 1
Two men on opposite sides of the law: will they be able to set aside their differences and trust love?
Danylo Peters has issues, lots of them. He’s not on Piedras Island by accident, he’s not a nice guy, and Peters isn’t his real name. Dany’s hiding, trying to escape his family’s influence and start a new life. But he must have been born under a bad sign because the very man he’s really running from is one of the first he runs into.
A new life in a new town seemed like the right decision for Soren Jorgenson, especially after a difficult case left him recovering from a gunshot wound and lonely as he’d ever been. Finding Dany living on Piedras brings back all the feelings he’d tried to lock away. He’s angry and bitter and Dany is not going to continue to get away with his old tricks. Too bad Dany is just as compelling as he ever was.
The two men find themselves on opposite sides of Soren’s first case on Piedras, but neither is able to deny the attraction between them. They keep finding themselves in compromising situations; if they’re found out there will be Real Trouble.
Real Trouble is set in the Veiled Intentions world, while familiar characters appear Real Trouble can be read as a standalone. Real Trouble is a dual POV following Soren Jorgenson and Danylo Peters as they fight their way to their HEA and is the first in the new West Coast Forensics series. These characters originally appeared in the Shielded Hearts series (formally Accidental Roots).
Elle Keaton writes contemporary gay romance and MM romantic suspense set in the Pacific Northwest. Elle’s books are known for their hot mm romance, complex characters, and unique sense of place. The men start out broken, and maybe they’re still banged up by the end, but they always find the other half of their hearts.
Elle published first in 2017, now she has over seventeen books available for you to read or listen to. She loves cats and dogs, Star Wars and Star Trek, pineapple on pizza, and is known to start crossword puzzles with a ballpoint pen.
Love always wins, thank you for supporting this indie author!
Connect with Elle:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ElleKeatonWrites
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HighwayToElle/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/elle-keaton
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellekeatonauthor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PirateQueenRdz1
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/profile/5ac2766f310a7853d4ce8ad4
- Website: https://www.ellekeaton.com/
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/ek-amazon-profile
- Goodreads: https://bit.ly/ek-gr-profile
To celebrate the release of Real Trouble, Elle is giving away a $20 Amazon Voucher! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.