Today I am so pleased to welcome J. Scott Coatsworth to Joyfully Jay. Scott has come to talk to us about his latest release, Dropnauts. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Scott a big welcome!
Teddy’s Tall Tales Idea Emporium
People ask me where I get the ideas for my stories, and marvel at what a creative brain I have. Usually I mumble all the expected stuff:
My family has always had a creative streak.
I see things in newspaper article that inspire me.
Or even the ever-popular I just pull them out of my ass.
But it’s time someone told the truth.
We writers are, by and large, an unoriginal lot. We’re just what our inner critics have long claimed – sad, derivative sludge makers who wouldn’t know an original idea if it bit them on the nose.
But we do know one thing that non-writers don’t. How to get to the Tall Tales Emporium.
It’s officially called Teddy’s Tall Tales Ideas Emporium, but we call it TTE for short. They recruit some of the best creative minds from universities around the world, and these luminaries write their ideas on color-coded strips of paper that go in big barrels on the sales floor. It’s like a candy store for writers – scoop up a fistful of ideas and pay for them at the counter.
Ever wonder where Rowling got the idea for Harry’s lightning tattoo? At the TTE.
Tolkien and his One Ring? TTE again. These folks have been around forever.
They even provided the seed for what eventually became Game of Thrones – though the proprietor, Teddy, will deny it if you ask him.
I swing by the TTE once a month. On the last Friday they have a clearance sale, ten ideas for a dollar. You never know what you’re gonna get – I hear that’s where the Housewives franchise got its start. But sometimes you get lucky.
This week, I hit the jackpot – four of the ten ideas were writing gold. What were they? I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill you.
Kidding! But seriously, you’re just gonna have to wait for my next book to find out.
Life after the Crash.
Over a century after the end of the Earth, life goes on in Redemption, the sole remaining Lunar colony, and possibly the last outpost of humankind in the Solar System. But with an existential threat burrowing its way into the Moon’s core, humanity must recolonize the homeworld.
Twenty brave dropnauts set off on a mission to explore the empty planet. Four of them—Rai, Hera, Ghost and Tien—have trained for two-and-a-half years for the Return. They’re bound for Martinez Base, just outside the Old Earth city of San Francisco.
But what awaits them there will turn their assumptions upside down—and in the process, either save or destroy what’s left of humanity.
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZLDNK3C/
- B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dropnauts-j-scott-coatsworth/1139084772?ean=2940162510512
- iBooks: https://books.apple.com/us/book/id1559481516
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/dropnauts
- Payhip: https://payhip.com/b/buEx
- Thalia: https://www.thalia.de/shop/home/artikeldetails/ID151138259.html
- Universal Buy Link: https://storyoriginapp.com/universalbooklinks/57266ce2-9bb4-11eb-b7a0-9779eed95792
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57483776-dropnauts
Scott lives with his husband Mark in a yellow bungalow in Sacramento. He was indoctrinated into fantasy and sci fi by his mother at the tender age of nine. He devoured her library, but as he grew up, he wondered where all the people like him were.
He decided that if there weren’t queer characters in his favorite genres, he would remake them to his own ends.
A Rainbow Award winning author, he runs Queer Sci Fi, QueeRomance Ink, and Other Worlds Ink with Mark, sites that celebrate fiction reflecting queer reality, and is a full member of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA).
- Author Website: https://www.jscottcoatsworth.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/jscottcoatsworth
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/jscottcoatsworthauthor/
- Author Twitter: https://www.jscottcoatsworth.com/jscoatsworth
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jscottcoatsworth/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8392709.J_Scott_Coatsworth
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/j-scott-coatsworth/
- Author Liminal Fiction (LimFic.com): https://www.limfic.com/mbm-book-author/j-scott-coatsworth/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/J.-Scott-Coatsworth/e/B011AFO4OQSet featured image
Scott has a Rafflecopter giveaway with this tour:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.