Today I am so pleased to welcome Dahlia Donovan to Joyfully Jay. Dahlia has come to talk to us about her latest release, Pierced Peony. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
My Favourite Scene in Pierced Peony
The ‘redacted for spoilers’ scene in the fishery warehouse is probably one of my all-time favourite moments to write for Motts so far.
It was also my least favourite scene to write, mostly because of how difficult it was to get right.
Motts is a unique character. It’s not always easy to get her voice perfect in the first draft. And as an autistic character, I work extra hard to ensure she’s authentically herself.
As an autistic author, I definitely put all of my heart and soul into my autistic characters.
The ‘redacted’ scene had to show danger, fear, and panic. It was critical to write from the perspective of an autistic. Our experiences can often be quite different from neurotypicals from what I’ve seen.
By the final draft of Pierced Peony, I felt as if I’d done the fishery scene justice. I’d shown Motts’s experience as well as I could on paper. It felt visceral to me and I hope to everyone else who reads it.
On a casual walk along the Cornish Coast, Pineapple “Motts” Mottley stumbles upon a body and a perilous new murder case in the second novel in the Motts Cold Case Mystery series.
As spring rolls into summer, Motts settles into her cottage. She’s enjoying a daily stroll when a body in the sea destroys her peace and quiet. It brings yet another mystery for her to solve.
How does a woman who vanished from Polperro three years prior wind up battered by waves?
Motts is drawn into the investigation despite her best attempts. She finds a family in turmoil and loads of suspects. With no easy answers, she tumbles further into chaos and ever closer to danger.
Can Motts find the killer before she’s the one put on ice?
Will she survive a bone-chilling brush with death?
- Publisher: https://www.tangledtreepublishing.com/product/pierced-peony/
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08J3YDQRX/
- Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08J3YDQRX/
- Amazon CAN: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08J3YDQRX/
- Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/pierced-peony-dahlia-donovan/1137664403
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/pierced-peony
- Universal Link: https://books2read.com/motts2
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56169473-pierced-peony
- QueeRomance Ink Link: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/pierced-peony/
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.
- Author Website: http://dahliadonovan.com/
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/dahliadonovan
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/DahliaDonovan
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dahliadonovanauthor/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8184061.Dahlia_Donovan
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/dahlia-donovan/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Dahlia-Donovan/e/B00KFNZFHU/
Dahlia is giving away a $10 Amazon gift card with this tour:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.