Today I am so pleased to welcome Edie Montreux to Joyfully Jay. Edie has come to share an exclusive cover reveal for her upcoming book, Medium to Well, releasing August 17th. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful cover for Medium to Well, Jay! Cate Ashwood designed the cover and the series label for Haunted Hollywood Ever Afters, and she’s captured Kenny perfectly!
Kenny’s a medium, and he uses his ability to communicate with spirits on his late-night talk show, Medium to Well. Ash is grieving the loss of his would-be-fiancé, Stephen. The one-year anniversary of Stephen’s death is getting closer, and the weird things happening in Ash’s apartment are getting worse, not better. Ash reaches out to the show, but they turn him down. Physical manifestations are too dangerous to bring to a live studio audience.
Unlike Kenny, I’m not clairvoyant and I’ve never seen a ghost. I dream of people who’ve passed, but that’s the extent of my gift. This story idea came from a dream I had while staying with my sister in Dana Point, CA. I woke up and immediately jotted character ideas for Kenny, Ash, and Stephen.
The setting wrote itself. I lived on a gravel road as a kid, so crossing Pacific Coast Highway was terrifying to me, even at the crosswalks. The pull of the ocean was stronger than my fear, and what doesn’t kill me ends up in my books!
For the $10 Amazon gift card giveaway, tell me your ghost stories (or your PCH stories, or anything else this sparked for you) in the comments! (This series is open-ended, so I might borrow your ideas, not gonna lie.)
Ash Barrett is a scientist. He believes in facts. But even he has to admit something supernatural is happening in his apartment. The ghost of his dead fiancé wants something from him. Ash needs reinforcements to figure out what.
Kenny Nguyen, late-night talk show host of Medium to Well, is in the business of helping people finish theirs–of the unfinished and spirit variety. He’s seen it all, but Ash’s deceased love has the most outrageous request Kenny’s heard in a while. He’d say no, except Ash is gorgeous, kind, and willing to do anything to lay his fiancé’s spirit to rest.
If Kenny accepts a ghostly indecent proposal, could Ash still want a relationship after? And for a man who believes in science, can Ash trust what he can’t see and take a chance at love?
Medium to Well is a 53k word paranormal M/M Romance between a haunted marine biologist and a television personality who talks to spirits for a living. This book contains ghostly shenanigans, malevolent spirits and poltergeists who find a change of heart, therapy and grief counseling, a grumpy old mentor, and a haunted Hollywood happily ever after! Book 1 of Haunted Hollywood Ever Afters series. Each book can be read as a standalone, but best to read them in order.
Edie Montreux is demisexual and an ally for all aspects of the LGBTQ+ rainbow. She loves her husband, Queen, dogs, and video games. Edie works full-time to support her LGBTQ-fiction writing habit, but still finds time to walk the dogs and protect imaginary worlds from fantasy creatures.
Edie has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky Joyfully Jay reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, July 20th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.