Today I am so pleased to welcome Ava Beringer to Joyfully Jay. Ava has come to talk to us about her latest release, His Protective Alpha. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
The bell rang above the door.
“Come on now,” I joked, not looking up just yet. “You know I’m closed on the inside now.”
“Rashad.” A familiar voice. One that made my blood run cold. One I thought I’d never hear again.
I dropped the stack of coffee cups in my hand. They scattered on the floor, the styrofoam making soft tap sounds as they rolled away. My gut dropped and my belly clenched. Every muscle in my body tensed in fear.
I stood up, tucked behind the cash register, gripping the edge of the counter so hard my hands ached. The man I thought I was in love with for so long stood in my place of business, in the town I now called home, smiling at me. It was the same smile he wore when I first met him at twenty-five, the one that made me fall for him. The same one that, even now, made feelings of love and loyalty bubble up in me, which I quickly suppressed.
It wasn’t love, it was poison. Brainwashing. It was the same smile he’d used to control and bully me, and ultimately, the same one I saw as I ran, tail tucked between my legs. The same remnants of that fear were in me, especially now with him invading my privacy, my space, the sense of peace and well-being I’d finally found.
“Vince.” My voice was barely above a whisper.
He stuck his hands in his jeans pockets, making himself look humble and harmless. Liar. “Hey, baby. I found you. I’ve come to take you home.”
“How did you find me?”
Seven Corners Shifters, Book 1
The last thing I wanted was to run from my past straight into my fated mate.
Omega wolf Rashad Hall is running. He needs a safe place to start over, and the last thing he wants is an alpha. When he steps into Seven Corners and immediately scents “mate,” he fights his most basic impulse to seek out his one true love, Bronx Bolder, the lead alpha who has to grant permission to stay on his territory. Instead Rashad trespasses, courting disaster, but he’s irresistibly drawn the strong, tempting, in-control alpha. Rashad can’t let go of his fears. What happens when he can’t stay away from Bronx, either?
Alpha wolf Bronx Bolder can’t find an omega strong enough to stand by his side, and he’s tired of looking. When he discovers omega wolf Rashad started a small successful business on his territory, Bronx starts out feeling irked but soon comes to admire Rashad’s fighting spirit. When he realizes they’re fated mates, it’s easy to fall in love- and into bed- with the alluring, mysterious omega. Rashad pulls Bronx close, then pushes him away. Rashad’s keeping a lot of secrets, including the result of their tryst- a pregnancy. When Rashad’s past comes back to bite him, can Bronx protect him and the new life in his womb?
What’s Rashad running from? How will his past come back to haunt him? Can Bronx help his fated mate overcome his fears for a chance at true love?
Ava Beringer is a major-league nerd who started off writing fanfiction and fell in love with mpreg and omegaverse. She loves to heat up a slick omega and a knotty alpha. By day she’s a good thirty-something midwestern girl, but she has a dark side. Okay, not really. She’s as bubbly as champagne but she can be pretty darn cheeky when you get her going.
She’s an aspiring digital nomad who’s traveled to thirty-two countries and counting. If she’s lucky, a cat will adopt her along the way.
- https://www.facebook.com/Ava-Beringer-111906696998728 (FB page)
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/426607005379962 (reader’s group)
- https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19924935.Ava_Beringer (goodreads)
To celebrate the release of Ava’s new release & new series, we are away 2 e-copies of His Protective Alpha! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.