Hi all! I hope you had a great week!
This was a lovely weekend in the DC area with unseasonably comfortable weather. We had a day with no kids, so my husband and I had crabs for lunch out by the water (Chesapeake Bay) and then went into downtown Annapolis to walk around, look at the boats, and eat amazing ice cream. It has been so long since we had a “date” that it was wonderful to get out!
In blog news, we are putting the pieces together for our SEVENTH(!) Annual Reading Challenge Month this September. I can’t believe we are already so close, but it is only about a month away. The event will take place September 6 – October 1 this year. All the details will be coming soon, including the challenges, the prizes, and what we are reading. And if you want to vote on some of our challenge options, stop by the Joyful Jays FB group and respond to the poll.
If you are unfamiliar with Reading Challenge Month, check out this link to our past events. Let me just tease you by saying that we have finalized some of the prizes and they are amazing!
Ok, before we get too far ahead of ourselves, here is what we have planned for this week…
- Review: Operation Meet Cute by K.M. Neuhold (Jay)
- Review: All Are Welcome by Liz Parker (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Take My Breath Away by Ali Ryecart
- Review: The Calyx Charm by May Peterson (Camille)
- Review: Strapped for Cash by K.L. Hiers (Elizabeth)
- Audiobook Review: Aftermath by L.A. Witt (Jovan)
- Guest Post: The Friendship Equation by J.R. Gray
- Review: Boystown, Season 11 by Jake Biondi (Michelle)
- Review: Puzzle by Nora Phoenix (Jay)
- Review: Bennett, Pride Before the Fall by Anyta Sunday (Veronica)
- Guest Post: Fluke and the Faultline Fiasco by Sam Burns
- Review: Logan by Macy Blake (Kris)
- Review: Fluke and the Faultline Fiasco by Sam Burns (Jay)
- Review: His Protective Alpha by Ava Beringer (Sue)
- Guest Post: Dear Mr. Brody by A.M. Johnson
- Review: Twisted Pretty Things by Ariana Nash (Michelle)
- Review: Spare Parts by E.M. Denning (Jay)
- Review: King of the Titans by J.K. Jones (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: All Are Welcome by Liz Parker
- Review: Let Your Heart Smile by J.B. Buell (Camille)
And that should do it for this week!
I look forward to another Annual Reading Challenge Month, but I wouldn’t mind if September were several months rather than weeks away!
I know! How is it August!?