Today I am so pleased to welcome J.R. Gray to Joyfully Jay. Gray has come with an exclusive cover reveal for his upcoming release, The Friendship Equation. He has also brought along an exclusive excerpt and great giveaway. Please join me in giving Gray a big welcome!
First up, here is the lovely cover!
He let my words hang in the air, eyes roving my face. “I want to see you naked, Van.”
I choked. Spit right down my windpipe, making my body explode into a massive fit of coughing, like it thought if it didn’t expel every particle that second I’d die.
Harden waited until I got myself under control. “You okay?”
I glanced around, listening, waiting for someone to enter. To check on me. To have heard any part of this conversation, but only the ceiling fans buzzed in the background.
“Fine—Okay…” Everything inside me tightened like a coil that would snap any minute.”When?”
He glanced around before dropping his attention to my jeans. “Now?”
“You want me to whip it out right here in the locker room, where anyone could walk in?” I hardened as I spoke. I hated and loved the idea all at the same time.
“Yes, Van, do you have an issue with that?” he asked, rubbing his tongue on the inside of his cheek.
“Anyone could walk in,” I said again like he’d missed my point the first time.
“And?” He stepped closer, putting a hand on my chest to back me into the locker. “I’ll shield you.”
I never thought I’d go to college a virgin, but unless something changes, and fast, that’s what’s going to happen. In comes Harden Hart, my All American boy-next-door best friend with an offer to help in a way I’d never imagined.
The boy who turned everything he touched to gold had a filthy side to him I’d never seen. Oh, and did I mention he’s straight?
We could keep this fun but we had to hide it from both our fathers. We could smile for the cameras, focus on winning the state swimming championship and maintain Harden’s image. Easy enough, right?
Only Harden didn’t want to hide. His addiction to our not-so-private hook-ups put everything at risk with his father’s planned presidential run, and I risked losing my best friend if anyone found out.
But the biggest risk of all—the risk of breaking my own heart by falling for someone who was never mine to begin with.
Maybe love just isn’t in the equation.
Buy Link: Amazon (Releasing August 25th)
Gray is a cynical Chicago native, who drinks coffee all day, barely sleeps, and is a little too fashion obsessed. He writes realistic and damaged characters because everyone deserves a happily ever after.
Connect with J.R. Gray online:
Gray has brought an ARC copy of The Friendship Equation to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, August 6th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.