Today I am so pleased to welcome Liz Faraim to Joyfully Jay. Liz has come to talk to us about her latest release, Concussion and Contentment. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thanks for letting me stop by and share a guest post with your readers! I’m Liz Faraim and am pleased to announce the release of the third novel in my Vivian Chastain series, titled Concussion and Contentment.
When speaking with readers, bloggers, and podcasters I get asked a lot of questions. I’d like to share some of those with your readers.
Q: How did you choose the topic for this book?
A: Since this is the third book in a series about the life of Vivian Chastain, I knew that I would continue to tell her story. What I didn’t initially know was what was going to happen to her in the story. It was enjoyable to continue to see how she developed and evolved as a character.
Q: Tell us something we don’t know about your heroes. What makes them tick?
A: Vivian would absolutely cringe at being called a hero. Over the book series, the readers learn about how her difficult childhood and even more difficult time in the military really formed who she is as a person. Vivian’s short temper that usually ends in violence, and her willingness to stay in a romantic relationship that rips her apart, are just a few glimpses into her psyche.
Q: What were your goals and intentions in this book, and how well do you feel you achieved them?
A: My goal was to continue to show readers how Vivian evolved as a character and how she not only recognized her shortcomings but worked hard to improve herself, as well as become more open to other people. In the first book Vivian was closed off and self-destructive, so it was my intention to highlight her personal growth. I am confident that I have fully achieved what I struck out to do with the series.
Q: What was the hardest part of writing this book?
A: The hardest part of writing any book, for me, is the mid-point slump. Usually about halfway through writing a novel I hit a wall and spend a few weeks mired in self-doubt, imposter syndrome, and writer’s block. The writing process for Concussion and Contentment was no exception. But, now that I am no longer taken off guard by this, I am getting better at talking myself through it and getting back to work.
Q: What are you working on now, and when can we expect it?
A: I am putting the finishing touches on a novel titled Pinned. It is based on a character named Randy Cox who is trying to coast into retirement but gets wrapped up in a scandal at work that shakes up her whole life. I don’t have a contract for it yet but hope it will release in early 2022.
Vivian, an adrenaline junkie and U.S. Army veteran, goes about her life as a bartender, avid runner, and polyamorous lesbian. Life in Sacramento, California is going well until she is blindsided by unforeseen financial issues which lead her to consider a new career.
In an attempt to recharge and take a break, she visits her best friend, Jared, only to be sidetracked by a motorcycle trip with her other best friend, Bear. The adventure does not turn out to be the carefree break Vivian had hoped for. A mess, she returns to Sacramento where her partner, Ang, tries to push her down, rather than help her pick up the pieces. Meanwhile, Vivian takes big steps with her other partner, Audre, which fills a void in Vivian’s life left behind by her dysfunctional and abusive childhood.
While out on a day trip to her favorite hiking trails, Vivian has an epiphany about what line of work she wants to pursue, and chases after it head first while also beginning to mend fences with her brother, Joey.
As things start to stabilize, one of Vivian’s partners commits an act of grave violence, resulting in life-changing consequences for all concerned.
Surrounded by friends, Vivian turns over a new leaf and finally finds the contentment she has sought for a lifetime.
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BG8BTBL
- NineStar Press: https://ninestarpress.com/product/concussion-and-contentment/
- UBL: https://books2read.com/u/4jo2Lj
Liz has a full plate between balancing a day job, parenting, writing, and finding some semblance of a social life. In past lives she has been a soldier, a bartender, a shoe salesperson, an assistant museum curator, and even a driving instructor. She focuses her writing on strong, queer, female leads who don’t back down.
Liz transplanted to California from New York over thirty years ago. She now lives in the East Bay Area of California and enjoys exploring nature with her wife and son.
- Author Website: https://www.lizfaraim.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.loud.16/
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/liz.faraim.9/
- Author Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/FaraimLiz
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/20769735.Liz_Faraim
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/liz-faraim/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Liz-Faraim/e/B092YXBXFV
Liz is giving away an Amazon gift card with this tour:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.