Today I am so pleased to welcome Davidson King to Joyfully Jay. Davidson has come to talk to us about her latest release, The Blood Boss. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
For the last couple years there was this voice in my head telling me to write that PNR that I wanted to so badly. I love reading paranormal but writing it was completely different and I wasn’t sure I could do it justice.
My books are romantic suspense. They are stories about antiheroes, assassins, mobsters. How was this going to work? And that’s when I realized, it was going to work perfectly.
Cain is The Blood Boss, ruler of the vampires, much like a mob boss. And we have the bad guys (I won’t tell you who they are) but like all my books there must be a rival. Interwoven throughout the story are enemies and allies and the man who is in the center of it all…that would be Jayce.
Writing The Blood Boss ended up not being as hard as I thought it would be when I shook off all the “I can’t’s” and brought what I know into what I didn’t. This was an amazing journey and just the beginning of things in Black Veil. As I wrote, I realized there was so much story left. So much magic, and creatures, and happily ever afters.
It’s easy to let the “I can’t’s” win, don’t let them. I’m so thrilled I didn’t.
Vampires, mermaids, and witches…oh, my! Black Veil is full of them all, but at the end of the day, it’s The Blood Boss who has the last word. Ever since The Final War, Vampires rule Black Veil, and with The Blood Boss in charge, peace reigns.
Keeping the vampires under control is a task Cain takes seriously. Humans have accepted his rule, and anyone who seeks to destroy his territory is given swift punishment. His promise to keep Black Veil safe comes with great sacrifice and selflessness; never does he dare hope for more in life. Until one day, a man walks through his front door and changes everything.
Jayce has a happy life. His adopted parents love him, he wants for very little, and he lives every day to the fullest. But when a normal evening turns into a nightmare, and Jayce is forced to come face-to-face with The Blood Boss, the world as he knows it feels like a lie.
Then a great secret is revealed, and nothing is what it seems. Cain and Jayce must work together to stop the forces uniting against the vampires. Life and love are in jeopardy as they fight those who seek to destroy them. Can Cain and Jayce keep Black Veil from crumbling into the sea when every attempt to do so seems impossible?
Davidson King, always had a hope that someday her daydreams would become real-life stories. As a child, you would often find her in her own world, thinking up the most insane situations. It may have taken her awhile, but she made her dream come true with her first published work, Snow Falling.
She managed to wrangle herself a husband who matched her crazy and they hatched three wonderful children.
If you were to ask her what gave her the courage to finally publish, she’d tell you it was her amazing family and friends. Support is vital in all things and when you’re afraid of your dreams, it will be your cheering section that will lift you up.
Davidson has brought a backlist book to give away to one lucky reader (choice of backlist, no international titles). She’d love to hear what your favorite paranormal creature is. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, September 10th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.