Hi all! I hope you had a great week!
Sorry I am so late today with our Coming This Week post. Between GRL and an airline disaster, this has been a crazy few days. As some of you may know, I was at the GayRomLit Retreat in St. Louis most of the week and due to return today. Well, woke up this morning to find out my flight had been cancelled in the middle of the night and rescheduled for me for…. Wednesday. Yep, I was supposed to just sit in the hotel for three more days, missing work and paying to live in St. Louis. After a lot of panic and many internet searches, I finally found a flight out for 6:30 am tomorrow, but there was not a flight to be had today to any airport in my area (or from any airport in this area). Sounds like Southwest cancelled over 1000 flights. Such an insane mess. Fortunately, I was able to stay in my hotel room one more night, so while I am out a boatload of money, at least there are other folks still around and I had a place to stay.
GRL was an amazing time as always. Each year is unique and special and this year in particular was different than the others. I really didn’t know what to expect, with a far smaller crowd than normal and covid fears looming. But, as usual, I had a wonderful time. Reconnecting with my tribe after two years was so wonderful in ways I didn’t fully realize I needed, and I had a chance to meet so many fabulous new folks. So thank you again to those who put so much hard work into this event and lots of love to friends new and old.
So that brings me here, to my late post about what is going on this week. Here is what we have planned…
- Review: Dearest Milton James by N.R. Walker (Jay)
- Review: Five Dead Herrings by E.J. Russell (Kris)
- Guest Post: Elliot, Song of the Soulmate by Anyta Sunday
- Review: Moon Spell by Christina Lee (Michelle)
- Review: Unwritten Rules by K.D. Casey (Michelle)
- Review: Aristotle and Dante Dive into the Waters of the World by Benjamin Alire Saenz (Camille)
- Guest Post: Ruling it All by D.G. Carothers
- Audiobook Review: Divergence by Eden Winters (Jay)
- Review: Balancing Act by Andrew Grey (Veronica)
- Guest Post: Unwritten Rules by K.D. Casey
- Review: Thack’s Angel by B.A. Tortuga (Elizabeth)
- Review: Wicked by E.M. Lindsey (Jay)
- Review: Priest by Sierra Simone (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Bad at Love by Aimee Nicole Walker
- Review: Strong Wine by A.J. Demas (Sue)
- Review: Spellbound by Ava Marie Salinger (Jay)
- Review: Declared by Sam Burns and W.M. Fawkes (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: Love at Fourth Sight by Ariella Zoelle
- Review: The Awakening by Dusk Peterson (Camille)
Glad to hear that you had a great time at GRL, Jay, and hope you will soon be safely home. I see lots of familiar author names in the coming week and am looking forward to the reviews.