Today I am so pleased to welcome Elle Keaton to Joyfully Jay. Elle has come to talk to us about her latest release, Real Danger. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Ryder shut the car door and trotted down the sidewalk. Shay watched him move away, eyeing his perky ass and trying not to feel bad about letting himself do it. Ryder wanted something that scared Shay to his core. Ryder was looking for The One—it was written all over him, a neon sign over his head. Shay wasn’t anybody’s “one” and didn’t believe in that kind of crap anyway.
It was best to not think about anything. Instead Shay watched their fellow commuters, the people who lived on the island but worked in Anacortes or even Mount Vernon, arriving for the sailing. The day wasn’t windy enough for whitecaps, but the gulls and cormorants were enjoying floating along the wind currents. A pair of seagulls were having a heated discussion about whose piling was whose, each wanting the same one; they cycled through, each sitting on it for a while. Shay kept his window rolled down, enjoying the sea-scented air that flowed inside.
After a few minutes Ryder was back, a hot drink in each hand and a white bag tucked under one arm. Shay leaned across and pushed the passenger door open for him.
“Thanks.” Ryder was slightly out of breath. “The bakery was open too, so I got us some good old-fashioned carbs to start off the day.” He handed Shay one of the hot cups before setting his own in the cup holder and opening the bag. “Are you a cake doughnut or a cream-filled pastry person?”
“There’s no right answer to that question. How about the cream-filled one.”
Ryder handed him a napkin and then the enormous pastry. He tried to feel guilty about indulging himself, but as the sugary goodness hit his tongue, Shay knew he’d made the right choice.
“Oh, god,” Ryder moaned as he sipped his coffee, holding it with two-handed reverence. “I needed this so bad.”
“You needed a sexual experience with the biggest cup of coffee I’ve ever seen?”
Ryder turned away, holding the drink protectively as if Shay were going to try to wrest it from his hands. “Yes. Nothing happens in my brain before coffee. I don’t even know what I did as a child or teen before I discovered its magic qualities.”
“I believe that’s called a chemical addiction.”
West Coast Forensics, Book 2
How can one man be so incredibly frustrating but so sexy at the same time?
Ryder knows two things. Tragedy can strike at any moment so you have to hold tightly to the gifts life gives you. And, Shay is one of those gifts. To Ryder their fifteen-year age difference is nothing, Shay is the man he wants. Now he just needs an opportunity to plead his case with the sexy lawyer.
He gets his chance when Shay asks him to assist on a case involving a missing person, but the investigation quickly turns perilous. A stomach-churning rollercoaster ride of what the hell is going on, puts both men in danger—but from whom?
Will the two get their chance at love, or will a dangerous criminal snatch away their chance at happiness?
Real Danger, second in the West Coast Forensics series is a dual POV, age-gap, m/m romantic suspense following Shay and Ryder as they fight for their HEA.
Elle Keaton writes contemporary gay romance and MM romantic suspense set in the Pacific Northwest. Elle’s books are known for their hot mm romance, complex characters, and unique sense of place. The men start out broken, and maybe they’re still banged up by the end, but they always find the other half of their hearts.
Elle published first in 2017, now she has over seventeen books available for you to read or listen to.
She loves cats and dogs, Star Wars and Star Trek, pineapple on pizza, and is known to start crossword puzzles with ballpoint pen.
Love always wins, thank you for supporting this indie author!
Connect with Elle:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ElleKeatonWrites
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HighwayToElle/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/elle-keaton
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellekeatonauthor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PirateQueenRdz1
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/profile/5ac2766f310a7853d4ce8ad4
- Website: https://www.ellekeaton.com/
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/ek-amazon-profile
- Goodreads: https://bit.ly/ek-gr-profile
To celebrate the release of Real Danger, Elle is giving away a $20 Amazon Voucher! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.