Today I am so pleased to welcome KC Burn to Joyfully Jay. KC has come to chat with us as part of the Coastal Magic Blog Tour! She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Another year is almost done! I’m not ready! But I am super looking forward to attending Coastal Magic Convention in PERSON. I don’t know if I remember how to people, though. So, if you’re attending (and I hope you all are!) please forgive my rusty, dusty social skills. And let’s be honest, they weren’t all that polished to begin with.
For a number of reasons, I had another dismal year of writing. Serious, serious writing fail. Fingers crossed for next year, right? What I do have… is an expanded version of last year’s anthology story, Last Bastion – 5K words became 22K. And in mere days (I swear!) I’ll be pushing publish on the revised and slightly expanded Craving (MIA Case Files #3). It has taken forever to get my MIA books back out into the world.
MIA Case Files was my first series to get published, and I have to admit, revising them rekindled some ideas I had to take the series a bit further. The basic premise is that MIA is a secret government organization tasked with eradicating Umbrae infestations. When a portal appears, the Umbrae “infect” nearby humans, and induce physiological changes that mimic monsters of myth and folklore.
For my giveaway, I’d like to know… is there a mythological creature or monster that you don’t see enough of in your reading? I’d love to have some more ideas to play around with! I have a $10 Amazon gift certificate for a random commenter.
Coastal Magic Convention is a casual reader weekend in Daytona Beach and takes place February 24-27, 2022. You can check out the website at http://CoastalMagicConvention.com if you want to learn a little more about the event. And if you are interested in signing up, you can register here.
Years ago, Brandon Ellison and Oliver Cardoso were MIA partners and lovers. When a mishap on a mission tracking down werewolves renders Brandon unfit for field duty, their professional and personal relationships implode, leaving them shattered and alone. Unable to process his losses, Brandon moves away and cuts off all contact with Oliver.
When Brandon returns as head of MIA’s Research and Development team, the smart thing for his heart is to avoid Oliver at all costs. But he hasn’t been able to forget or move on. When an unapproved prototype nearly kills Oliver, Brandon suspects it was no accident. Determined to ferret out the truth, he knows the time for avoidance is over.
Oliver is tired. He’s never found another lover like Brandon, he’s lost his regular partner to reassignment, and he’s back out in the field with a poorly healed injury and a painfully green new partner. The last thing he needs is Brandon showing up, mid-mission, to cause trouble. But he can’t convince Brandon to leave.
Without any real closure the last time they spoke, the hurt and guilt have festered, making for a tense, antagonistic working environment. With an elusive portal and the Umbrae creating a previously unknown creature, hundreds of lives, including Oliver’s, are at stake, and they have no choice but to put their differences aside. But their unresolved feelings and an attraction that hasn’t waned creates a potentially fatal distraction. Falling in love again might destroy them both.
KC Burn is a Canadian transplanted to California who writes happy-ever-afters about men loving men, whether they’re psychics, space travelers, aliens, professors, construction workers, cops, amateur sleuths… you name it, she’ll probably write it. She’s got a pair of black cats, aka muses/nuisances, and a supportive, understanding hubby.
KC has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Friday, November 19th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.