Today I am so pleased to welcome Ruby Moone to Joyfully Jay. Ruby has come to talk to us about her latest release, A Christmas Miracle. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Jo shifted as he swam towards wakefulness. He was incredibly warm and felt safe for the first time in so long he couldn’t even remember. He shifted, and the warm body beside him shifted too.
Jo opened his eyes and blinked as vague memories flooded through him. A nightmare? A storm? Mr. Hope… Pleasure?
Oh God… dear sweet God, what the hell had he done? Realisation drenched him in ice-cold fear.
Heart hammering painfully in his chest, he glanced around. He appeared to be wrapped in Hope’s dressing gown and draped over Hope’s body, naked legs tangled together. He could feel the warmth from his skin, hear the soft thud of his heart. It was terrifyingly intimate. He didn’t think he’d ever heard another person’s heartbeat. He wanted to touch his chest, splay his fingers, caress him.
He lay still, wondering how in God’s name he could extricate himself without waking Hope. Without drawing attention to the fact that his nightshirt was bunched around his waist, and he was mortifyingly aroused. Perhaps he could slide off …
“Morning sunshine,” Hope murmured, his voice gravelly with sleep, as he shifted and stretched. Jo glanced up just as Hope looked down at him with a sleepy, wicked grin.
Jo froze and watched as the grin faded to be replaced with a wary expression as Hope presumably took in the look on his face.
“Sorry, I wasn’t going to stay the night, but I fell asleep.” Hope cleared his throat and continued. “I’ll… ah… get you some fresh water.”
“Has the maid been in?”
“Well, I didn’t hear her.”
Jo rolled away from Hope and curled into a ball. He couldn’t bear it. He felt Hope get up from the bed and after a moment, heard the soft click of the latch on the door. He dragged his head up and closed his eyes in relief when he found himself alone.
Christ, how unspeakably mortifying; had he really sobbed in Hope’s arms? Let him bring him to satisfaction and then fallen asleep without repaying the favour?
He groaned at the shame that crawled through his belly like spiders.
Winsford Green Stories, Book 4
Alfie Hope’s life is perfect. Managing Darley Hall for an employer who hasn’t visited the house in five years. It’s more than a job, it’s his home. A safe haven for him and the staff he considers family. That is, until their master passes away and a new master inherits. A new master who wants to live in the house.
Jolyon Mortimer Devereaux was stunned when he inherited Darley Hall. It offered an escape from his life, his lover, and his awful family. He arrives to find an estate manager who is outrageously handsome in a gentle, yet rugged way, but someone who clearly has never been a servant in his life!
Alfie and Jo grow tentatively closer. That is until a shock Christmas arrival blows everything wide apart, leaving Alfie and Jo struggling to hold on to their love. It will take a Christmas miracle to hold them together.
Ruby Moone lives in the wilds of Lancashire with her husband and writes historical and contemporary romance. At school, her teachers said that she lived with her head in the clouds and if she didn’t stop daydreaming she would never get anywhere. She never did stop daydreaming, and after years of happily living in the clouds, decided to write the stories down.
Connect with Ruby:
- Website – http://www.rubymoone.com/
- Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/RubyMoone/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/RubyMooneWriter
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/rubymoone/
- Facebook Group – Ruby’s Room – https://www.facebook.com/groups/883596845175216/
- Book Bub – https://www.bookbub.com/profile/ruby-moone?list=about
- Tumblr – https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/rubymoone
To celebrate the release of A Christmas Miracle, Ruby is giving away an e-sets of Winsford Green Series so far (4 ebooks) Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.