Today I am so pleased to welcome Kim Katil to Joyfully Jay. Kim has come to talk to us about her serial release, Not a Small Town Romance. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Advent Calendar Love
I’ve participated in several holiday advent calendar releases and just love doing so. This year I started an experiment with an Urban Fantasy story on Kindle Vella, and realized that the serial story format is perfect for releasing an advent type story. Hence Not a Small Town Romance.
The story is bending the idea of your storybook small town second-chance holiday romance. I always wanted to write the story about the person who is dating tree farm guy when Mr./Ms. big city comes back to town, and give them their own HEA. This is a story about embracing your passions and the opportunities that come your way, no matter how ridiculous everything may seem.
And of course our two heroines end up snowed in together on the mountaintop. With a stunning view, a large fireplace, and an ocean of hot chocolate. And curious wildlife.
This is a FF romance story with a bisexual photographer, a lesbian Hollywood action star, and a supporting cast of super-helpful (make that nosy) friends and family.
And I adore my cover by Winterheart Design (http://winterheart.com/).
You can find the advent story here: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B09MSVVQ1N
A FF Holiday Romance Advent Calendar. There’s a whole small town second chance romance between Hunter (whose family owns a tree farm) and his ex (a Hollywood star on a hot new television drama). But this story isn’t about them. It’s about Hunter’s girlfriend Cara (a photographer now known in the scandal sheets as “the other woman”) who becomes snowed in on a remote mountain top with Jenna, a big time Hollywood action star. Their HEA takes them from the scenic woods to the big city.
Kim lives in the mythical and contentious territory known as Central Jersey. Originally from South Jersey, she is still unsure if Central Jersey is a real place or a Fae construct. Her movement from the lower to middle band of the state was interrupted by time spent living in Ireland, Boston, Uzbekistan, Maryland, Trinidad, and Florida. So far, she has only been asked to leave one country.
A happily ever after is a necessity. Kim loves to give her characters a fun adventure to get them there and a plethora of family and friends to help them along the way.
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kim.katil.52/
- Website: www.kimkatil.com
- Instagram: @kimkatilauthor
- Twitter: @kim_katil
Kim has brought a great giveaway. Once the Advent Calendar is complete, she will be publishing a novella based on the story. Three lucky winners will receive ARCs of the story! Kim will also include an (e-book) copy of Seaside Holidays, her Gay Romance Holiday collection. It’s full of tropey holiday feels at seashore, and there may even be inappropriately decorated palm trees.
Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, December 9th at 11:59 pm ET
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.