Today I am so pleased to welcome Rebecca Raine to Joyfully Jay. Rebecca has come to talk to us about her latest release, Bona Fide Fake. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
“Are you going to tell me why you’re here?”
“Soon,” I assure him. “First, I want to know why you’ve insisted I come with you to this music festival.” It’s the one piece of the puzzle I don’t have, and his answer could potentially change the way I present my offer. “Your band will be with you. Why do you need me?”
Dropping his gaze, he takes a moment to answer. “My ex-boyfriend will be there. It didn’t end well, and when he finds me…” He glances at me sideways. “I’d prefer to be with someone else.”
“So you don’t fall back into his dastardly clutches?”
“That about sums it up,” he says with a curt nod.
“I’m to play the part of chaperone, then?”
“No.” He shakes his head. “I don’t need a chaperone or a babysitter. I just need someone I can hang out with. Someone who’ll be there, so I don’t…” The words fall away, and he makes a sound of exasperation. “I need…”
“A tether?” I suggest.
Breath rushes from his chest and his shoulders sag. “Yes, exactly. I need a tether.”
“I can do that.” I wave a hand with dismissive confidence. “Plus, I make excellent arm candy.”
His low chuckle is accompanied by another glance. “I never had any doubt there.”
The compliment sends little streaks of pleasure skittering through me, but I ignore them. I need to keep my head if this meeting is going to work out in my favour. “Will it be enough, though?” I ask with apparent concern. “I mean, if this ex of yours is out to seduce you, I need to be in a position to stop it from happening. Being a tag along may not be enough, Ned.”
He lifts a single eyebrow, smirking at me. “What would you suggest, Toni?”
“You need a date for the festival. I need a date for Rodney and Leif’s engagement party next month. The answer is obvious.” I place a hand over my chest in a show of sincerity. “I think we should be boyfriends.”
Experimental Love, Book 2
My new fake boyfriend may not like me, but he needs me. There are worse foundations for a relationship.
Toni Fairweather is a liar and a fake. I suspected it the day we met, but when he lies to his friends about being my boyfriend, I know for sure. I’ll play along with his deception, but Toni will owe me – big time.
I have my own reasons for needing a boyfriend. Someone who can handle me. Someone who can keep me in line. Toni is demanding enough to fulfil every requirement.
I don’t need to like the man… to obey him.
I never meant to fake a relationship with the lead singer of a local rock band. But the fib popped out over lunch with my best friend, and now I’m expected to present my new boyfriend at his engagement party next month.
The good news? I’m not the only one in need of a date.
Being boyfriends for a month shouldn’t be hard, but I do have one condition: this won’t be some fake boyfriends deal. I want a real relationship, and Ned’s going to give it to me.
Rebecca is a long-time lover of all things romance. Whether it’s a book, movie, or real life, she will always have more fun if there’s a love interest thrown into the mix. She lives in Queensland, Australia with her very own hero husband, two quirky kids and one big, black dog. Other than reading and writing books, her favourite things include loud music, enjoying a glass of wine on the patio, organising everything in existence, and spending too much time on the Internet.
Sign up for Rebecca’s newsletter and receive
Connect with Rebecca:
- Website: www.rebeccaraine.com
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/rebeccarainewriter
- Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/rebeccaraineauthor/
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/rainewriter
- Newsletter Sign-Up: https://rebeccaraine.com/free-book/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/rebecca-raine
- Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/rainewriter
To celebrate the release of Bona Fide Fake, Rebecca is giving readers the chance to win 1 of 3 e-copies of winner’s choice of book from Rebecca’s backlist! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.