Today I am so pleased to welcome Kat Cassidy to Joyfully Jay. Kat has come to talk to us about her Hot Wire collection. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
“The door to the kitchenette swung open and in walked Nikos, his dark curls sweat soaked, his white t-shirt clinging to his powerful chest. Peter had to take a sharp breath.
Nikos grinned at Peter, somehow oblivious to the fact that he looked like a goddamn wet dream come to life. He retrieved a mug from the sink and set it next to Peter’s cup. “Oh good, this works out well. I am a mechanic slash doctor and you are a car thief slash barista, yes?”
Peter looked stupidly at the pot in his hand as if noticing it for the first time. “Oh, uh, yeah. Sure.”
He splashed coffee into Nikos’ mug, filling it almost to the brim as he tried to regain his composure. “So, how’s it going on the Cobra?”
Nikos swallowed hard, nearly emptying the cup in one go. “I will admit it is a bit of a challenge to try to source classic car parts at this time of night, but I am making good headway. I think you will be pleased.”
He took Peter’s injured hand in his, turning it over gently to inspect his palm. Fireworks went off deep in Peter’s belly.
“And how is my other handiwork holding up?” Nikos asked.
“So far so good.” Peter flexed his fingers. “I’m withholding my judgement for now though to see if it’s really five-stars-on-Yelp worthy.”
“I suppose that is fair enough.” Nikos smiled, his eyes crinkling around the corners. “The coffee is good at least.”
He drained his cup quickly and set the mug back in the sink, tipping his head respectfully at Olivia as he passed her. Nikos paused just before he made it to the door, turning to dig something out of his lunch bag. It was an orange. He lobbed it underhand at Peter.
“You know what they say,” he said lightly, heading back out into the garage. “An orange a day keeps the mechanic away.”
Peter Bauer is a thief. Cars specifically, under the employ of his monstrous father Erik who’s chiseled out a spot in Los Angeles’ brutal underworld. He only knows how to live recklessly, like there isn’t a tomorrow. But at the end of his rope following a broken heart, drug addiction and a stint in prison, he’s left wondering for the first time what comes next and if there’s any way out of the life he never asked for.
Nik Petrakis is a mechanic. Haunted by tragedy, he’s found himself in a place he never imagined, chopping cars for Erik Bauer. He never imagined Peter Bauer either, but the two broken men are soon caught in the undertow of a powerful attraction. Together, they are going to have to navigate the stirrings of new love with dangerous consequences while a gang war that could consume them both brews on the horizon.
Across three thrilling volumes, the Hot Wire saga takes readers on a wild ride through a world of crime, sex, twisted family dynamics, and a romance that just might offer the kind of redemption the heart of a thief hungers for.
CONTENT WARNING: Abuse, addiction, smoking, drug use, suicidal ideation, cheating
This book is a revised and expanded collection containing the three previously published volumes of Kat Cassidy’s Hot Wire Series: Night Moves, Backstreets, and Breakdown, as well as several limited release short stories from that universe.
Kat Cassidy is a romance novelist. She’s a dreamer, a schemer and, above all else, a believer in true love. She lives in Canada with her husband, her toddler, and her lovable mutt, and she likes loud guitars and strong IPAs.
Catch up with Kat:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Katcassidyauth1
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/katcassidyauthor
- Facebook Readers Group: www.facebook.com/groups/katcassubcribers/
- Website: https://katcassidyauthor.squarespace.com/
To celebrate the Kat’s new release, she’s giving readers the chance to win 1 of 3 e-copies of Hot Wire: The Complete Collection! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.