Today I am so pleased to welcome Katherine McIntyre to Joyfully Jay. Katherine has come to talk to us about her latest release, Stronger Than Hope. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Both times Nate had run into Linc, he’d managed to make a mess of himself, and he was pretty sure Linc either hated him by now or at the very least thought he was a complete idiot. It didn’t help that Linc was so hot, Nate was constantly flustered around him. Seriously, Linc was all Italian good looks, dark curls, and oozing machismo that caused his cheeks to flush after a second glance.
Nate skimmed a hand through his hair as he approached the front door. The lights were on, which meant his uncle’s old store manager Daria must be inside. That was all he could guess, because no one else had keys to the place. What she was doing here so early mystified him, but he needed to get his head in the game. He had another meeting on the agenda, this one more than important.
Nate pushed the door open and stepped inside, the scent of roasted coffee beans greeting him front and center. He hadn’t walked two steps in when he smacked straight into a big metal something.
“Whoa,” a deep voice sounded from above.
Nate’s hands shot out on reflex, his grip curling around the structure in front of him before he realized he’d walked straight into a ladder. He spread his stance out and steadied the ladder. Jesus, he needed to pay more attention. With his head in a thousand different places, he’d been making more sloppy mistakes than ever.
He glanced up to see who’d been climbing the ladder in the first place, and embarrassment splashed over him like the coffee he’d spilled earlier.
Linc stood near the top of the ladder, his hands braced on the unstable light fixture he’d been working on.
How? How the hell did he keep fumbling around this guy?
Nate winced. “I’d apologize, but I’m pretty sure we’re past that by now, right? I can skip straight to groveling for forgiveness, if that works.”
Linc’s brows drew together as he glanced down. “Don’t tell me you’re the guy who’s taking over the coffee shop?”
Nate nodded, taking a second to survey the room around him. Daria stood behind the register, watching, arms crossed, though he still wasn’t sure why she’d showed up today. Linc stood above him on the now-stable ladder, dressed in the same clothes as fifteen minutes ago when they’d literally run into each other at Cozy Corner. Except now he had a tool belt strapped around his waist and some sort of screwdriver in hand. As if the guy could possibly look hotter.
Chesapeake Days, Book 1
One man looking to set down roots, the other looking to leave…
Fresh out of a relationship, Nate’s searching for a change—what better way is there than renovating his uncle’s old coffee shop in Chesapeake City? He has a new job, in a new town, and a new lease. And when he almost runs over his hot neighbor, Linc, who happens to be his contractor? Well, based on the explosive attraction between them, maybe he’ll find something new there too.
Linc’s been treading water ever since his wife passed away in childbirth, focusing all of his energy on raising his son, Beckett. The obvious solution? He needs to get the hell out of Chesapeake City. But when Nate charmingly fumbles his way into Linc’s life, he finds his defenses lowering for the first time in years. One date leads to another, and hell, this man makes him feel in ways he’d forgotten.
Even though Nate just finished piecing his heart back together, he falls fast. Yet Linc’s made it clear he’s a bad bet. The man hasn’t clicked with anyone since his wife, and if Nate ends up being “not enough” again, that won’t shatter just his heart—the fragile home he’s trying to build in this town will crumble too.
Katherine McIntyre is a feisty chick with a big attitude despite her short stature. She writes stories featuring snarky women, ragtag crews, and men with bad attitudes—and there’s an equally high chance for a passionate speech thrown into the mix. As an eternal geek and tomboy who’s always stepped to her own beat, she’s made it her mission to write stories that represent the broad spectrum of people out there, from different cultures and races to all varieties of men and women.
Want to be an active part of the ‘making of’ process? Join my FACEBOOK SQUAD
or sign up for my PATREON for exclusive freebie reads and all sorts of awesome perks!
Connect with Katherine:
- Website: http://www.katherine-mcintyre.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kmcintyreauthor
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pixierants
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6473654.Katherine_McIntyre
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Katherine-McIntyre/e/B00J8U4VNU
- Newsletter sign-up: http://eepurl.com/duIScb
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/katherine-mcintyre
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/authorkmcintyre
To celebrate the release of Stronger Than Hope, Katherine is giving away a $10 Amazon Gift Card to one lucky winner! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Welcome, Katherine, and thanks for the excerpt and the giveaway chance. Best wishes for the success of Stronger Than Hope!