Today I am so pleased to welcome Vanora Lawless to Joyfully Jay. Vanora has come to share an exclusive cover reveal for an upcoming release, Imperfect Illusions. Vanora has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving a big welcome!
And here is the beautiful cover!
A drafted empath. A dreamwalking poet. A world at war.
Idealistic, aspiring poet, Elliot Stone can make people feel euphoria or horror with a simple touch. But that’s only part of his magical abilities. He can also wake in the dreams of people he cares deeply for.
Stubborn, fiercely independent Warren “Sully” Sullivan is an illusionist with a secret of his own: he feels the emotions of others as visceral sensations. That, and a lifetime of fending for himself, has left him guarded.
On their last night of freedom before shipping off to training—military and magic—Elliot and Sully indulge in an explosive, emotional night together. Elliot assumes it’s a one night stand and nothing more, until he awakens in Sully’s nightmare. The urge to rescue Sully is impossible to resist. And when dream-Sully begs him to keep coming back, something Sully would never do while awake, Elliot can’t resist that either.
As real life draws them into battle, their shared dreams become a refuge that only Elliot recalls. So when Elliot has the opportunity to recruit Sully to the secret elite unit of magical soldiers he leads, he’s willing to risk everything for the man he’s fallen in love with in dreams. But being away from the front lines doesn’t mean Sully’s safe. Now they battle enemies with twisted magic where their secrets are a liability.
Can they bring their dreams—and love—to life? Or will the war cost them everything?
- Buy link: https://books2read.com/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/
Vanora Lawless is a bisexual genderfluid Canadian with ADHD and a passion for telling love stories set in magical or niche historical worlds. A graduate of Saint Mary’s University, Vanora has a B.A, majoring in psychology. As a Nova Scotian, loving long walks on the beach is practically a law, so Vanora takes every possible opportunity to explore the best sandy shores. In spare time between crafting new worlds and stories, Vanora can be found behind the lens of a camera or in a blanket burrito with a good book.
Vanora has brought a $10 Amazon gift card to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Thursday, April 14th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.
I clicked to pre-order and realized I already had! 😀 What a beautiful cover — looking forward to reading!
I cannot wait for this title. It looks like it’s going to be so good.
Looks fantastic! Congrats, Vanora!
This sounds wonderful and the cover is stunning! Can’t wait
Gorgeous cover! Thanks bet the story is just as gorgeous!
Thank you!!! The books sounds (and looks) AMAZING. ??
This looks all kinds of wonderful and I’m adding it to my TBR and my public library’s suggestion box!
Wow this seems like such an interesting premise. It’s always great to see how character’s magical abilities are used in stories.
Looks amazing. I would love to read it.
I love the premise, and the cover is so sweet!
I love how they’re looking into each other’s eyes…so much tenderness.
Good luck with the launch. It must be a stressful time for an author.
Great premise. Sounds very good.
Welcome, Vanora! Imperfect Illusions looks and sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing the cover and for the giveaway chance.
Sounds interesting. The cover is great.
I so love the cover of this book. And the blurb sounds great as well. I’ve got it in my soon tbr list!
I love the cover. It’s artwork that is true to the book.
Beautiful cover, I love the intensity in their expressions. ?
Nice! Sounds like an amazing book and I love the cover!