Today I am so pleased to welcome Anyta Sunday to Joyfully Jay. Anyta has come to share an exclusive excerpt from a new release, Tell Me Our Story. Anyta has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving a big welcome!
O’Hara looked away, and Jonathan . . . it had been a long day. He raised his glass and turned to leave—
O’Hara grabbed his shoulder and urged him back around.
Every part of Jonathan worked to keep his breath even.
Lowering his voice, O’Hara said, “Please . . . I . . .”
“Hey, O’Hara,” someone yelled, “you joining us or not?”
O’Hara gulped and called back, “Coming.”
Jonathan understood. That was all he’d get from O’Hara tonight.
He was about to leave again but O’Hara’s hand, still on his shoulder, tightened. “Will you hang out too?”
Something pleading hit his eyes, and Jonathan couldn’t fathom what to make of that.
“They’re all nice people. Last night we stayed up until the early hours debating.”
“Debating?” Not what he’d expected from that crowd. Or, perhaps, O’Hara.
O’Hara cracked a grin. “I’m an adult now. I can be serious sometimes.”
“I’d have to see that to believe it.”
“Then stay. Listen.”
He wanted to, but . . . speaking to O’Hara again. Being this close to him . . . it was pushing all those memories to the surface and it was tough shoving them back where they needed to stay. “I . . . believe in getting eight hours sleep.”
O’Hara lifted Jonathan’s arm and checked his watch. “Past your bedtime, then.”
Fingers touched his wrist, straightening the clockface; Jonathan pulled his hand back swiftly, the shifted metal warm and ticklish against his skin.
“Wasn’t this your mum’s?”
He surged to his feet, a creeping flush threatening to rise above his collar. “Good night, O’Hara.”
Icy, standoffish Jonathan Hart always turned towards that laugh. Full-throated, uninhibited, addictive.
Soft smiles encouraging him over swing bridges. Hearty chuckles dancing around a ballroom. Wobbly grins. Double-glances. Eyes that brightened the world. His world.
From the moment he met David O’Hara, Jonathan started forming a smile of his own.
And then O’Hara left.
One lingering look.
No last goodbye.
Seven years later, that laugh again.
O’Hara. Still all fire and flame, still drawing Jonathan in.
And now he wants Jonathan paired with him in a seven-week social influencing challenge.
Now, he wants to finish melting his heart…
A bit about me: I’m a big, BIG fan of slow-burn romances. I love to read and write stories with characters who slowly fall in love.
Some of my favorite tropes to read and write are: Enemies to Lovers, Friends to Lovers, Clueless Guys, Bisexual, Pansexual, Demisexual, Oblivious MCs, Everyone (Else) Can See It, Slow Burn, Love Has No Boundaries.
I write a variety of stories, Contemporary MM Romances with a good dollop of angst, Contemporary lighthearted MM Romances, and even a splash of fantasy.
My books have been translated into German, Italian, French, Spanish, and Thai.
- Contact: http://www.anytasunday.com/about-anyta/
- Sign up for Anyta’s newsletter and receive a free e-book: http://www.anytasunday.com/newsletter-free-e-book/
- Join my Facebook group to chat all things Slow Burn Romance: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlowBurnSundays/
- You can also find me here: www.anytasunday.com
- For information about new releases and freebies, follow me on BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/anyta-sunday
To celebrate the release of Tell Me Our Story, Anyta is giving away a complete e-set of her hit, Love, Austen Series! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.