Today I am so pleased to welcome Gail Z. Martin to Joyfully Jay. Gail has come to talk to us about her latest release, Trifles and Folly, Volume 3. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Trifles and Folly 3: The Adventure of the Melted Saint
Teag and I showed Alistair into the small break room kitchen, and Alistair put the box onto the table. He declined Teag’s offer of tea or coffee. Teag went ahead and poured a big glass of sweet tea for me, figuring I’d need it to recover after I read whatever objects were causing Alistair fits.
“We received this box in the mail last week from the Adirondack Museum in New York State,” Alistair said. “Apparently, it had been in their basement for nearly a hundred years. They sent it here because they felt the people connected to these objects had a stronger history with Charleston than they did with upstate New York.” He shrugged. “I’d agree with them on that part, but they didn’t mention that a ghost came along for the ride.”
I eyed the box without touching it. If an object had really strong magic, I could often get an impression before I made physical contact. That was helpful because then I could brace myself for what was coming. “I’m not getting any really bad vibes,” I said, letting my hand hover a few inches above the box. “What kind of problems has it been causing you?”
“The poor woman who works in shipping and receiving broke down sobbing when she handled the box. She was so distraught we had to send her home. No idea why—except the box was in her office all day,” Alistair said. “Everyone who comes in contact with it mentions feeling down or sad, having a sudden change of mood. It’s wreaking havoc with the museum staff.”
Alistair’s gaze slid away, embarrassed. “I have to tell you, I had a terrible time on the way over struggling with an overwhelming sadness that just came on me out of nowhere, for no good reason,” he admitted. “I’m really hoping you can help. We can’t put this on display. We’d have to offer free counseling with every admission ticket.”
Now that Alistair mentioned it, I felt a strong downward tug on my mood, which had been pretty good until he showed up.
A Deadly Curiosities Supernatural Mystery Adventure Collection
The ghost of a jilted lover, an accidental hell-mouth, a soul-eating monster, cursed needlework, and a rogue’s gallery of sullied spirits—all this and more awaits!
Wander the shadowed paths through this spooktacular collection of short stories and novellas that take place around and between the novels in the Deadly Curiosities series.
An extension of the Deadly Curiosities urban fantasy novel series, this collection can be read as a standalone. It contains two novellas and five short stories: The Adventure of the Melted Saint, Keepsakes, Catspaw, The Piper’s Song, Innocence Lost, Crewel Fate, and Heap of Trouble.
Cassidy Kincaide owns Trifles and Folly, an antique shop with a secret history. Cassidy can read the history of objects by touching them. She and her allies use magic and paranormal abilities to keep Charleston and the world safe from supernatural threats
Trifles and Folly 3 is a wickedly wonderful set of dark urban fantasy tales full of cursed curios, stolen relics, haunted heirlooms, creepy castles, menacing monsters, magic, and mayhem.
Warning: This collection includes a Morgan Brice MM Paranormal Romance novella set in the Deadly Curiosities’ universe with scenes only appropriate for readers 18+.
Check Out the rest of the Deadly Curiosities Series on Goodreads
Gail Z. Martin writes urban fantasy, epic fantasy and steampunk for Solaris Books, Orbit Books, Falstaff Books, SOL Publishing and Darkwind Press. Urban fantasy series include Deadly Curiosities and the Night Vigil (Sons of Darkness). Epic fantasy series include Darkhurst, the Chronicles Of The Necromancer, the Fallen Kings Cycle, the Ascendant Kingdoms Saga, and the Assassins of Landria. Together with Larry N. Martin, she is the co-author of Iron & Blood, Storm & Fury (both Steampunk/alternate history), the Spells Salt and Steel comedic horror series, the Joe Mack Shadow Council series, and the Wasteland Marshals series. Newest titles include Tangled Web, Vengeance, The Dark Road, Spell Salt and Steel Season One, and Assassin’s Honor. As Morgan Brice, she writes urban fantasy MM paranormal romance, with her Witchbane and Badlands series.
- Find her at www.GailZMartin.com, Twitter @GailZMartin, Facebook.com/WinterKingdoms, DisquietingVisions.com blog, and Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/GailZMartin.
- She is also the organizer of the #HoldOnToTheLight campaign www.HoldOnToTheLight.com
- Sign up for her Gail Z. Martin/Larry N. Martin newsletter here http://eepurl.com/dd5XLj and check out her boards on Pinterest with photos that inspire her characters, books and locations, as well as Supernatural and abandoned places www.Pinterest.com/GZMartin
- Find her Morgan Brice pen name in her Facebook Group: www.Facebook.com/groups/WorldsOfMorganBrice
- Pinterest (for Morgan and Gail) www.Pinterest.com/Gzmartin
- Twitter: @MorganBriceBook
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/morganbriceauthor/
- Sign up for my Morgan Brice newsletter and never miss a new romance release: http://eepurl.com/dy_8oL
Join us over on Instagram for more of Trifles & Folly 3! You can also enter the giveaway on our Instagram post or click here for your chance to win an ecopy of your choice from Morgan or Gail’s backlist!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.