Today I am so pleased to welcome Michelle Frost to Joyfully Jay. Michelle has come to talk to us about her latest release, Luca. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
They joined the short line at the counter, elbows bumping. A smile pulled at Luca’s mouth when Clark didn’t move away. “Do you want anything?”
“Oh yeah.” Clark chuckled. “I like to eat, and I missed dinner.”
“Why’d you miss dinner?”
Clark ducked his head. “I headed over here as soon as I wrapped up my paperwork.”
“Oh.” The line moved forward. Luca kept his face turned up toward the menu, hoping Clark wouldn’t notice the blush he was sure was rising in his cheeks. Once they’d ordered and gotten their food, Clark led them to a two seater booth by the window. It was a little cool against the glass, but Luca didn’t mind. Clark was right about the bar getting warm despite the temperature outside.
Picking up his sandwich, Luca unwrapped it and dug in while Clark did the same. After they’d both taken a couple bites in silence, Luca looked over to find Clark’s attention already on him.
“You know, it’s funny.” He paused to take a drink and wipe his mouth. “I was hoping to ask you out on a date, but I think you beat me to it.”
Looking down at the table of food between them and the two of them tucked into this little booth, Luca couldn’t help but smile. “Kind of a lame date.”
“Pffft.” Clark picked up his drink and took another swallow. “There’s food, and you’re here. Seems like a pretty good date to me.”
“You don’t get out much, huh?”
Clark’s eyes went wide before he cracked a smile and laughed. “No, I do not.”
Open Wounds, Book 5
Life hasn’t always been kind to Luca Barlos. His second chance came in the form of Rourke MMA and a brother who refused to give up on him. Now, he has a job he enjoys, friends, and a crush he can’t ignore. Luca may be shy, but he knows what he wants—the gorgeous detective with chestnut hair and a kind smile.
Clark hasn’t always been a tough-guy detective. In school, he was the nerdy, chubby kid. Now he’s all grown up, living his dream of being a cop and working up the nerve to ask the object of his affections on a date.
Luca is the first novella in the continuation of the Open Wounds series. The series is best read in order.
Stories have always been Michelle Frost’s escape. Even as a kid, she can remember writing stories featuring her favorite cartoon characters. Now, her characters are a little more grown up, as are the stories she likes to tell. A self-proclaimed coffee addict and a bit of an introvert, she can most likely be found with her nose in a book.
Connect with Michelle:
- Amazon: http://author.to/MichelleFrost
- Website/Newsletter: https://www.michellefrostwrites.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michellefrostwrites/
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thefrostfiles/
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/michelle-frost
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17778116.Michelle_Frost
To celebrate the release of Luca, Michelle is giving away a Signed Paperback bundle of all 4 Books in the Open Wounds Series (Open Internationally)! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.