Today I am so pleased to welcome Lane Hayes to Joyfully Jay. Lane has come to talk to us about her latest audio release, The Real Baxter. She has also brought along a great givaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Trent observed me thoughtfully with a deceptively lazy air that said “curious but not invested.”
“So…was there something else you wanted, Mr. Rourke?”
“No, no. Like I said, I wanted to make sure everything was going okay.”
“You could have called.”
“I didn’t have your cell number.”
Trent narrowed his eyes. “Your son and your secretary do.”
“Do you want it?” he intercepted.
“There’s no reason for me to have your number,” I replied logically, curling the right corner of my lips in a smirky half smile.
“Gimme your phone.”
“You heard me. Give it over.”
I snorted. “Yeah, no. I’m not giving you my phone.”
“C’mon. You can always delete the number,” he said, wiggling his fingers meaningfully.
We engaged in another odd standoff before I gave in. I unlocked my contact information and pulled up a new entry, then slid my cell to him.
I sifted through the chips to keep my hands busy. “I’m not going to call you.”
“Thank fuck,” he grumbled without heat, typing on my screen with his head bent. “I hate phone calls. You wanna talk girl talk, text me.”
I barked a laugh. “Girl talk?”
“Sure.” He handed over my phone. “We can talk about other boys and you can give me style tips. Or you can just flirt with me and ask me lame-o questions like, what’s your favorite season and why?”
My smile tugged at my lips, then took over. “Fall. Colder temperatures, changing leaves, Halloween…you?”
“Same. I love everything about fall. Except candy corn. I fucking hate candy corn.”
I chuckled. “I love candy corn.”
“Of course you do.”
His teasing smile turned me inside out. A heat wave engulfed my face. He was jokingly flirting, and the part of me that didn’t listen to rational thought liked it. That had to be why I responded with my own lame-o question.
“What’s your favorite color?”
Trent grinned. “Blue.”
“Geez, it’s like we’re sharing a brain.”
The silver-fox and the faux bodyguard…
Who’s the true hero behind the Hollywood heartthrob, crime-fighting, adventure-seeking international man of mystery? Me. I’m the real Baxter.
Well, I wear the suit and let the action play out onscreen. You want to know the secret of my success? Sell the story you want to tell. Even if you have to bend the truth a little.
Trust me, no one will notice. Except Trent, who seems to notice everything. And for some reason, I like that. I like him. I’m just not sure what to do about it.
Look, I’m not exactly killing it. I’m a typical struggling actor-slash-waiter, hoping for a break. And boom…in walks Sebastian Rourke. He’s a cutthroat, wickedly charming silver fox, a Hollywood legend in the making. No joke. You’ve got to sell a piece of your soul to get in this man’s orbit. Or fake a British accent, then take a job playing bodyguard to fool the press. As one does.
I know I should take advantage of the very strange situation I find myself in, but I’m not sure I’m cut out for it. However, I’m willing to take a chance, ’cause I want the real Seb.
Even though it might cost me everything.
The Real Baxter is a MM age-gap, bisexual romance featuring the man who has everything and the actor who’s willing to show him what’s real.
Purchase at Audible – https://tinyurl.com/py2prbcn
Lane Hayes loves a good romance! An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. Her debut novel was a 2013 Rainbow Award finalist and subsequent books have received Honorable Mentions and/or were winners in the 2016, 2017, 2018-2019, 2020-2021 Rainbow Awards. She loves red wine, chocolate and travel (in no particular order). Lane lives in Southern California with her amazing husband in a not quite empty nest.
- Website: https://lane-hayes.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LaneHayesAuthor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LaneHayes3
- Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7125719.Lane_Hayes
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/LaneHayesauthor
- BookBub: http://bookbub.com/authors/lane-hayes
Lane is giving away a $25 Amazon gift card to a lucky winner on her tour. Follow the Rafflecopter link below.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.