Today I am so pleased to welcome Davidson King to Joyfully Jay. Davidson has come to talk to us about her latest release, Emperor of Dragons (Black Veil book 2). She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Writing in my fictional paranormal world of Black Veil is like the greatest escape for me. I can stretch my imagination a little further than if I’m writing my other books. I find myself often thinking, “Can I do this?” And I absolutely can because MAGIC!
One thing that doesn’t change whether it’s in the paranormal world or not, is the emotion and Emperor of Dragons pulled it out of me harder than any other book I’ve written to date.
This story is surrounded by all aspects of love. Fated love, mother’s love, father’s love, chosen family love, sibling love, and unrequited love. It was important to me, as an author, to keep true to that throughout the entire book. I knew when it started that it was going to be a kaleidoscope of all the facets of love.
There’s a line that Emil, who is a vampire, says, “It will be good to die for something as powerful as love.” And that made my heart hurt because of the truth of it. We live in a world that is so hate centric, to write those words, felt oddly hopeful.
I will admit that this book had a mind of its own and when it sort of revealed itself to me I cried. I’m not afraid to say it, because of how much sense it made, the truth of it all, and I embraced that.
Emperor of Dragons is full of mysteries, adventures, strong emotions, and so much love.
Peace has descended on Black Veil once more, and hope is on the horizon.
Until a new threat arises…
Emil is the head of security, first line of defense for Cain and Black Veil. He takes great pride in his job, is fully prepared to sacrifice everything in order to keep everyone he cares about safe and the world from crumbling. But the Tritons and Sirens have approved a treaty, and the dragons will most likely agree to allow vampires to use their blood for sustenance and protection once again, so all is as it should be. Then Emil meets the emperor of dragons, and his life goes from calm to chaotic in the blink of an eye—loyalty and love now battle for dominance in his head.
Aldrich is the emperor of dragons, and he cannot afford to make mistakes. He and his clans enter Black Veil in the hopes that The Blood Boss will join them in the fight to save his family. Aldrich is ready to lay down his life and for anything else thrown his way—except the crystal-eyed vampire who immediately captures his interest. Emil is everything he has always wanted and would never dare dream of, and when all he holds dear is threatened, it’s Emil who keeps his dragon grounded.
When unimaginable dangers swarm into Black Veil, the vampires and dragons join forces and call upon every living creature in Black Veil to defeat the enemy. While love blooms, lives perish, all to fight a war against the darkness threatening to consume the world. Will Emil and Aldrich claim victory and have their happily ever after, or are they doomed to an eternity apart?
Buy Link: Amazon
Davidson King, always had a hope that someday her daydreams would become real-life stories. As a child, you would often find her in her own world, thinking up the most insane situations. It may have taken her awhile, but she made her dream come true with her first published work, Snow Falling.
She managed to wrangle herself a husband who matched her crazy and they hatched three wonderful children.
If you were to ask her what gave her the courage to finally publish, she’d tell you it was her amazing family and friends. Support is vital in all things and when you’re afraid of your dreams, it will be your cheering section that will lift you up.
Davidson has brought a signed paperback copy of book one in the series, The Blood Boss, to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, May 25th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.