Today I am so pleased to welcome Katherine McIntrye to Joyfully Jay. Katherine has come to talk to us about her latest release, Restrained. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Katherine has written some questions and answers to share with us today!
Q: Star Trek or Star Wars? Why?
A: Star Wars! I know this is sacrilege, but I could never get into Star Trek. I adore science fiction, but my roots and my heart are always in fantasy, hence why Star Wars appeals more to me. Star Wars is a space opera, but there are so many elements of fantasy woven in, whether we’re talking space knights with laser swords and the overarching themes feel a bit more fantasy driven than scifi.
Q: Would you visit the future or the past, and why?
A: While I’m fascinated by events from the past, I’ll be honest, I don’t think I’d want to visit it. Being a woman, my position would be incredibly restricted in most past societies I might travel to, and I don’t really think I’d be able to enjoy my visit due to that problem. However, the future’s a whole big unknown to explore, so I love the idea of heading in that direction.
Q: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A: I wanted to be a writer and an artist when I grew up! I’ve always loved escaping into books and writing, and I also loved art a ton. While I have a strong appreciation for art still, I don’t do any drawing or painting nowadays. However, the book thing stuck.
Q: If you had the opportunity to live one year of your life over again, which year would you choose, and why?
A: Funny enough, this is an easy answer for me. 2012 was one of my all time favorite years. I got married that year and felt so strong and secure in my support systems—friends and family. My husband and I also went on our honeymoon to Ireland that year and by the end of the year, we got our second cat and bought the house we still live in. It ALSO happened to be the year my first book came out, An Airship Named Desire with the now defunct Hazardous Press. There were just so many massive amazing leaps that happened in 2012, and I’d love to experience them all over again.
Q: What are some day jobs that you have held? If any of them impacted your writing, share an example.
A: Currently, I work as a massage therapist and an editor for my day jobs, but I haven’t woven those two into books as much. However, I worked as a barista for years, and in one of my most recent releases, Stronger Than Hope, that knowledge got utilized full force with one of the characters opening his own coffee shop.
Q: What are you working on now, and when can we expect it?
A: Currently, I’m working on book five in the Dungeons and Dating series, which will be up for pre-order in September, but this book isn’t coming out until February 2022! It’s spicy, snarky, and ridiculous, and though it feels a lot lighter than the others on the outset, it’s going to drag in the feels kicking and screaming later in the book.
The next release on the horizon is Dungeons and Dating #3, Intelligence Check, featuring Mason and Hunter, my resident Sunshine and Grump!
One rule: don’t fall for your best friend’s straight sister. Especially not when she’s pretending to be your fake girlfriend.
Chelsea Moore is officially divorced from her asshole husband, and after wasting her early twenties putting up with his shit, she’s burning to get out there and play the field—especially a certain kinkier side he made her feel like garbage about.
Kyle Walker’s terrified to put herself out there. According to her mother, she doesn’t have the looks to hook anyone, but what makes it worse is that her dating history falls in line. However, when her family tries to claim she’s not really a lesbian, she tells them she’s bringing her girlfriend to Christmas. Only problem? She doesn’t have one.
In comes sexy, newly divorced, and straight Chelsea Moore to the rescue—her best friend Aubrey’s little sister. She’s doing Kyle a favor—like any friend would—except Kyle’s half in love with her from the moment they start hanging out. All too soon those lines begin to blur—lingering touches, flirting, kissing…. And when they connect on kink and begin hooking up, that’s when Kyle knows she’s screwed.
Chelsea might have Aubrey to protect her heart, but Kyle could lose both her best friend and the only woman who’s made her feel like she’s worth more.
- Universal Buy Link: https://books2read.com/restraineddesires
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57535767-restrained-desires
Katherine McIntyre is a feisty chick with a big attitude despite her short stature. She writes stories featuring snarky women, ragtag crews, and men with bad attitudes—and there’s an equally high chance for a passionate speech thrown into the mix. As an eternal geek and tomboy who’s always stepped to her own beat, she’s made it her mission to write stories that represent the broad spectrum of people out there, from different cultures and races to all varieties of men and women.
- Author Website: http://www.katherine-mcintyre.com
- Author Facebook (Author Page): http://www.facebook.com/kmcintyreauthor
- Author Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pixierants
- Author Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/authorkmcintyre
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6473654.Katherine_McIntyre
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Katherine-McIntyre/e/B00J8U4VNU
Katherine is giving away a $10 Amazon gift card with this tour:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.