I usually start these posts by hoping everyone had a great week, but I know for most of us in the U.S., that is not the case. Even knowing the court was going to strike down Roe, it is hard to believe it really happened. The idea that this right to abortion that we have had for 50 years is just gone seems impossible. As other countries are expanding rights, ours is taking them away. And I fear this is just the first to come, as SCOTUS has indicated they are looking toward other laws, such as those affecting access to contraception and same-sex marriage. Right now, I know many of us need time to mourn, but soon it will be time to get angry and take action. I am looking to make some donations to groups that are helping to preserve civil rights and abortion access to all, and would love any suggestions you folks have for good organizations for contributions.
Ok, so on the more positive side, summer seems to be officially here in our area finally. We are settled down after a lot of running around and I have both kids home with me for the summer. This may be the last long period of time my oldest lives at home, so I am taking advantage of it while I can.
Also, I mentioned this last week, but I started a nail polish Instagram account to talk about my love of polish and manicures, so if anyone is in the polish fandom and wants to check it out (or just wants to see pictures of my manis), you can find me at JaysJoyfulNails.
Ok, back to books! Here is what we have planned this week:
- Review: A Mage’s Guide to Aussie Terrors by A.J. Sherwood (Jay)
- Review: Dauntless by Cari Z (Sue)
- Guest Post: Protection by Kelly Fox
- Audiobook Review: Tough Luck by Annabeth Albert(Veronica)
- Review: Rookie Mistake by L.A. Witt and Anna Zabo (Jovan)
- Review: The Skinny on Djinni by E.J. Russell (Kris)
- Guest Post: Make Music Together by Ariella Zoelle
- Review: Rarely Pure and Never Simple by Angel Martinez (Elizabeth)
- Review: Secret Service by Tal Bauer (Jay)
- Review: Call Me Sweetheart by Lacee Hightower (Michelle)
- Guest Post: We Choose You audiobook by Katy Manz
- Review: A Curse of Blood and Water by Lawrence A. Clark (Camille)
- Audiobook Review: Like Water Catching Fire by E.M. Lindsey (Jay)
- Review: Blindsided by Becca Steele (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Contact audiobook by M.D. Neu
- Audiobook Review: The Prince’s Poisoned Vow by Hailey Turner (Elizabeth)
- June Favorite Books
- June Favorite Covers
- Review: Her Majesty’s Royal Coven by Juno Dawson (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: Killer Honeymoon by Aimee Nicole Walker
And that should do it for this week! Enjoy!