Today I am so pleased to welcome Elle Keaton to Joyfully Jay. Elle has come to talk to us about her latest release, Real Hazard. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
By three o’clock on Saturday afternoon, Foster had tired Gorp out enough that the poor dog was actively avoiding him. He’d just finished reorganizing the cupboard where they kept all the plastic containers and taken delivery of Becca’s new sport wheelchair when his cell phone rang.
No one but the other EMTs ever called him, so he was pleasantly surprised to see Dutch’s name on the screen when he plucked his phone up off the counter. He’d forced himself not to text the man to make sure he was okay after his panic attack, when what he’d really wanted to do was head over to Dutch’s house, make him lavender iced tea, and force him to tell Foster what had upset him. “Hello?”
“Hi, uh, it’s Dutch.” The man sounded flustered or stressed out, or maybe both.
“I figured, since your name popped up. Are you okay?”
“Oh, god, of course. What an idiot. Yes, I’m fine, not having a stupid panic attack.” Foster could hear clinking and other voices in the background and wondered if Dutch was at work.
“What’s up? Do you want to come over? It turned out to be a four-day weekend for me, and Becca is camping with friends, so I’m kind of at loose ends.” If wandering around the house like a ghost was “loose ends.” Maybe he’d regrout the bathroom tile next.
“For fuck’s sake.” Dutch groaned. “Now I feel fucking shitty. I have a massive favor to ask. I wouldn’t ask, but—fuck.”
That was a lot of fucks. “What is it? If I can’t help out, I’ll let you know.”
“Yes, well, now asking makes me look like even more of a loser dad. Who forgets a holiday weekend? Not only is there no school Monday, but I have to work tomorrow because there’s a fucking wedding and Bridezilla and her enabling wedding planner are breathing acid fire over all of us and one of the catering staff already threatened to quit. Normally I could swap the Monday, but since I’m the only one who didn’t get the memo about Memorial Day, it’s too late. I am totally fucked.”
Dutch hadn’t even said what he needed yet—which was clearly a safe place for Hazel—and Foster knew he’d say yes.
West Coast Forensics, Book 4
Things I love
– my kid sister
– the no-hope dogs I rehabilitate
– my job as an EMT
– and maybe my new friend Dutch.
But Dutch isn’t gay and physical attraction isn’t something I feel often. Are these feelings real, or am I just tired of being alone?
This is all Hazel’s fault. Hazel the Hazard.
– Hazel made me come to first grade safety day.
– Hazel blurted out—loudly—about the beautiful fireman.
– Hazel invited the beautiful fireman over for a tea party.
I swear I’m not gay, but Foster Jennings is the most beautiful man I’ve ever met, outside and in.
Dutch Hansen is the single dad of a precocious daughter. He moved to Piedras wanting a better life for Hazel and himself. Things are shaping up, he’s landed a permanent job at Brooch Resort and Hazel has quit having nightmares that someone is going to steal her away.
Then everything goes sideways, Dutch’s past threatens his future and he doesn’t know where to turn.
Something is wrong, Dutch is pushing him away and won’t tell Foster why.
When Hazel goes missing Dutch can’t hide anymore, he needs his… Foster to help him get Hazel back.
#Demisexual #BiAwakening #SingleDad #FindingFamily
Book four in the West Coast Forensics series, can be read as a standalone but may be more fully enjoyed if you start with Real Trouble.
Elle Keaton writes contemporary gay romance and MM romantic suspense set in the Pacific Northwest. Elle’s books are known for their hot mm romance, complex characters, and unique sense of place. The men start out broken, and maybe they’re still banged up by the end, but they always find the other half of their hearts.
Elle published first in 2017, now she has over seventeen books available for you to read or listen to.
She loves cats and dogs, Star Wars and Star Trek, pineapple on pizza, and is known to start crossword puzzles with ballpoint pen.
Love always wins, thank you for supporting this indie author!
Connect with Elle:
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ElleKeatonWrites
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HighwayToElle/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/elle-keaton
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellekeatonauthor/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PirateQueenRdz1
- MeWe: https://mewe.com/profile/5ac2766f310a7853d4ce8ad4
- Website: https://www.ellekeaton.com/
- Amazon: https://amzn.to/ek-amazon-profile
- Goodreads: https://bit.ly/ek-gr-profile
To celebrate the release of Real Hazard, we’re giving away an e-set of the West Coast Forensics Series so far (4 eBooks)! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.