Today I am so pleased to welcome Jamie Lynn Miller to Joyfully Jay. Jamie Lynn has come to talk to us about a new release, Stronger Together. Jamie Lynn has also brought along an excerpt and a great giveaway. Please join me in giving a big welcome!
My new release is “Stronger Together”, which features British Intelligence agents Liam Bancroft and Colin Mason, set in London in 1977. This was the first time I’ve written a book not set in the United States and also one set in the past. I had a great time doing research for it and crafting Liam and Colin’s love story along the way. If you like friends-to-lovers, coming out, emotional hurt/comfort, sweet and hot stories with an HEA, this is the book for you!
Scenarios and outcomes flashed rapid-fire through Liam’s mind. They had one or two seconds before they were spotted. Which couldn’t happen. Liam was absolutely confident that O’Brien had no idea he was under SecTen’s surveillance. Normally it wouldn’t be a problem if a target saw an agent once. They would simply be swapped out with another agent. But that wasn’t an option in this case, as there were no other available agents to take over for Liam and Colin. If O’Brien saw them now and they were unlucky enough to be seen following him again, and they had been pushing their luck as it was, then it would all be over. O’Brien would go to ground, and a cache of weapons would still be out there somewhere.
Liam couldn’t let that happen.
Before he could second guess the only idea that snapped into his mind, just as O’Brien and the second man began turning toward them, Liam took hold of Colin and crowded him into the doorway of the closed shop they were standing in front of, turning them away from the pavement as much as he could…
…and kissed him.
It was only meant to last a few seconds, just long enough for O’Brien and the other man to walk past them.
But it didn’t.
The soft, chaste kiss lingered, their mouths moving ever so gently against one another’s until the honk of a car horn just down the road startled them both, breaking the moment, and they moved slightly apart. Liam hadn’t even realized that Colin’s arms had come round him until they were gone.
Liam felt dazed and Colin… He looked as though he’d been shaken to his very foundation. But with a blink the expression was gone, his features carefully neutral.
Liam cleared his throat, ran a hand across the back of his neck. “Sorry…was the first thing I could think of. Most people—“
“—are uncomfortable with public displays of affection and will look away,” Colin finished. “Yeah, I know.”
He eased past Liam and moved back out onto the pavement and Liam followed. O’Brien and the other man were nowhere in sight and O’Brien’s motor was gone as well.
“Bollocks,” Liam muttered.
“Well, we’ve blown that, haven’t we?” Colin gusted out a frustrated breath. “Nothing more we can do tonight. Get the local bobbies on his house. I’m off.”
Liam frowned. “Off? Off where?”
“Home. It’s a nice night. We’re not terribly far from my place. Gonna walk.”
Liam shook his head. “Let me drive you.”
“Nah. ‘m good,” Colin answered with a smile that to Liam looked forced and began walking down the pavement.
“I’ll be round to fetch you in the morning!” Liam called after him.
Colin never looked back, just raised a hand in acknowledgement, and a sense of uneasiness settled in Liam’s stomach as he watched his partner go.
One unexpected kiss. Two lives turned upside down.
Working for British Intelligence, agents Liam Bancroft and Colin Mason live a life of danger, on the razor’s edge. They’ve seen it all, done it all, trusting one another unequivocally with their very lives. Partners. Best mates. Their bond unbreakable.
Until one assignment changes everything…
It should’ve been nothing more than a simple, innocent kiss to save their cover and their mission. But instead, it sends Colin fleeing on a difficult journey of self-discovery and Liam fearing he’s irrevocably destroyed their friendship beyond repair.
Against the backdrop of a quaint cottage in the sleepy English countryside, painful secrets are revealed, long-buried feelings rise to the surface and two men learn for the first time in their lives what it truly means to be in love.
- AMAZON (US): https://amzn.to/3rKBPtl
- APPLE: https://apple.co/3xq8qYY
- KOBO: https://bit.ly/37hmbyr
- B&N: https://bit.ly/3Kzcbip
- SCRIBD: https://bit.ly/3wh1GLV
- PAYHIP: https://payhip.com/
- AMAZON (UK): https://amzn.to/3KKVl01
I’ve been writing fiction since childhood and decided to take the plunge and go pro in 2008, finding to my amazement that people truly enjoyed my love stories. I’m a romantic at heart, and my tales reflect the desire we all have to find “the one,” persevering through trials and heartache for that happy ending.
I have a degree in fine arts and have spent the last twenty years working as a graphic designer, though I’d much rather be writing. I was born in Chicago and still live there today with my husband and our furry, four-footed children, er… cats.
If I’m not brainstorming story ideas, you can find me at a sci-fi convention, in front of a furnace doing glass blowing, or on a mat twisted into a yoga pose.
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: http://www.jamielynnm.wordpress.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jamielynn.miller.3
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JamieLynnAuthor
- IG: author_jamielynnmiller
- Miller’s Minions: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1095634237887734
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/jamie-lynn-miller
- Amazon Author Page: https://amzn.to/3vXfAm1
Jamie Lynn has brought two backlist ebooks to give away to two lucky readers. Just follow the Rafflecopter below to enter.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.