Today I am so pleased to welcome Davidson King to Joyfully Jay. Davidson has come to talk to us about her latest release, The Button Man. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Why the Button Man?
When I did the cover reveal for The Button Man I was surprised how many people thought it was a horror novel. I mean, I suppose if you never heard of The Button Men. A Button Man was coined in 1963 and they were a hired killers within the mafia.
Back in the time of Albert Anastasia and Dutch Shultz were when Button Man really took off. Now, I took my love for mafia and my interest in the history of button men and let my imagination do all the work.
Duke (in my world) is the last of the button men. He was born into this life as a birthright and he embraces it, understands it, and accepts it. Then I threw a wrench at him and sat back and watched him figure it all out.
How can a hired killer, raise a daughter without her knowing what you do? Well, it’s tricky and while he never had much issue with it in the past, when the world he knows collides with he world he knew it brings his true killer to the surface.
Now, in history a button man didn’t have a handler, but for creativity I gave Duke one in the form of Kelly aka Sparrow. It’s a different time 1963 was a long time ago and yeah, murder has changed.
I was fascinated while learning about button men and it was within that research a story blossomed in my brain. Is it a mafia romance? It certainly could be seen that way. It can also be seen as a romantic suspense gray story.
Duke and Kelly are of the same world but on different sides of it and taking the tech knowledge I have from my amazing husband and weaving in the history of button men, it was a wild ride to write.
A visit from Button Man means only one thing: someone wants you dead.
Duke is born into the world a hired killer. It’s his birthright—all he knows, all he thinks he’ll ever be. Then one fateful night, the unthinkable occurs and in the most tragic of moments, a promise is made. That promise is kept for almost fifteen years, until he comes face-to-face with a target he never expects and a future he never sees coming.
Kelly spends his days in a classroom, while his nights couldn’t be more different. Unbeknownst to those around him, their friendly neighborhood teacher is the handler for a hit man. For over a decade he has watched Button Man’s back from behind a computer screen. He is content living his double life, believing he will never cross paths with the dangerous assassin, but fate has a different plan.
When the past collides with the present, Duke and Kelly must prevent it from destroying the future. It’s not just their lives they need to think about—the entire world of a fourteen-year-old girl is about to spin on its axis. Dodging bullets and uncovering truths bring the two closer than they could have imagined. But lust takes a back seat to survival when enemies threaten to drown them both in blood. Can they navigate these twists and turns when death is lingering at every corner, or will they die trying?
Buy Link: Amazon
Davidson King, always had a hope that someday her daydreams would become real-life stories. As a child, you would often find her in her own world, thinking up the most insane situations. It may have taken her awhile, but she made her dream come true with her first published work, Snow Falling.
She managed to wrangle herself a husband who matched her crazy and they hatched three wonderful children.
If you were to ask her what gave her the courage to finally publish, she’d tell you it was her amazing family and friends. Support is vital in all things and when you’re afraid of your dreams, it will be your cheering section that will lift you up.
- Linktree: https://linktr.ee/davidsonkingauthor (ALL LINKS HERE)
- Website: www.davidsonking.com
- Newsletter: www.davidsonking.com/subscribe
- Facebook Author Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357810424723136
Davidson has brought a choice of any of her ebooks to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Tuesday, September 27th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.