Today I am so pleased to welcome Vawn Cassidy to Joyfully Jay. Vawn has come to talk to us about her latest release, Dead Serious: Case #2: Mrs Delores Abernathy. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Vawn a big welcome!
“Okay, I’m here.” A familiar voice splits the silence so abruptly it even makes Mrs Abernathy jolt in shock. “What did I miss?”
I glance across the kitchen to Dusty as she smooths down her skirt, rearranges her slightly lopsided wig, and produces a small compact from her cleavage to repair her smudged lipstick.
“How’s Bruce?” My mouth curves as I take in her ruffled appearance.
“Vigorous.” She grins.
“I’m sorry I asked.” I shake my head in amusement.
Dusty looks over at me and does a double take, blinking slowly and tilting her head. “Er, Tristan, you’ve got something stuck to you, did you know?”
“Dusty, this is Delores Abernathy. She came home with me and Danny last night.”
“You two are all kinds of freaky.” Dusty clucks her tongue, staring at the spectral barnacle currently attached to me.
“Gross, but no.” I pick up my now cold coffee and take a sip with a grimace before tossing it down the sink and rinsing the cup. “We went to the care home yesterday.”
“That wasn’t the plan.” She frowns. “You said, and I quote, make yourself scarce so I can spend the next twenty-four hours nailing my incredibly hot boyfriend.”
“I’m pretty sure I didn’t use those exact words.”
“So I’m paraphrasing a smidge.” She purses her lips as her gaze once again deviates to the little old lady who is still attached to my side and is once again humming to herself. “So what’s with Old Mother Hubbard?”
“Danny and I went to the care home yesterday to spend the day with my dad as he was having one of his good days. While we were there, Mrs Abernathy passed away, only I’m pretty sure she didn’t pass of natural causes.”
“Looks like,” I nod. “She has markings on her nails that indicate heavy metal poisoning, most likely arsenic.”
“Jesus, what is this? 1842? No one uses arsenic anymore, darling, it’s so passé.”
“Tell that to Mrs Abernathy’s murderer,” I reply.
Crawshank’s Guide to the Recently Departed, Book 2
In the business of unfinished business…
It’s been over six months since a freak accident left pathologist Tristan Everett able to see ghosts, something he has yet to confess to his boyfriend. Instead, he now has a new calling, one he’s not entirely happy about… help the dead resolve their unfinished business so they can pass into the light, sounds simple right?
When the spirit of a sweet old lady follows him home he has no idea how to help her. When he finds out she’s been murdered by arsenic poisoning, a curiously outdated murder weapon, he once again finds himself tangled up in a murder investigation.
For Inspector Danny Hayes of New Scotland Yard, life couldn’t be better. After moving to London and meeting Tristan he’s ready to move their relationship to the next level, but something weird is going on with Tristan, he’s acting very strangely and with a killer on the loose he’s not taking any chances. He’s determined to discover whatever it is Tristan’s hiding from him.
Surrounded by a bunch of potentially murderous old ladies and aided by his sidekick, deceased drag queen and spirit guide in training, Dusty, Tristan must unravel the mystery of Mrs Delores Abernathy’s unfinished business and find the courage to share his deepest secret with the man he loves.
From author Wendy Saunders writing as Vawn Cassidy, comes the second book in this funny and touching paranormal MM romance/dark comedy suspense series.
Vawn Cassidy is the MM pen name of British author Wendy Saunders, she lives in the UK with her husband and children. She loves all things MM and is an avid reader herself.
As Vawn Cassidy she writes Paranormal/Dark Comedy/Mystery and Contemporary Romance and more recently is branching out into Historical & Supernatural MM/LGBTQ+ Fiction with her upcoming London Gothic series.
She also has an insane love of Lego and pop culture.
Connect with Vawn:
- Website: www.vawncassidy.com
- Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/VawnCassidyAuthor
- Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/group/cassidysbayboys
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/vawncassidyauthor
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/VawnCassidy
- Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/vawncassidy
- Bookbub: www.bookbub.com/profile/vawn-cassidy
- Amazon: www.amazon.com/~/e/B098XMW7M1
To celebrate the release of Dead Serious 2, Vawn is giving away a signed paperback of Crawshanks Guide to the Recently Deceased Book 2! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.