Today I am so pleased to welcome Ridley Harker to Joyfully Jay. Ridley has come to talk to us about his latest release, Parasite. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Ridley a big welcome!
Ridley has written some questions and answer to share with us today!
What fantasy realm would you choose to live in and why?
Probably the Forgotten Realms of RA Salvatore’s Legend of Drizzt series. I haven’t read any of his books since Sea of Swords, but I grew up with it and re-read the series up to Sea of Swords at least three times. I’d love to be a mercenary mage. I’m not sure what species I’d like to be, something with a long life so I could learn all the spells I wanted. As much as I like the drow, I don’t think I’d be cut out for that life. If the Forgotten Realms wouldn’t work out, I’d like to be a necromancer in Lynn Flewelling’s Nightrunner series.
What fictional speculative fiction character would you like to spend an evening with, and why?
I’d love to hang out with Jonathan L Howard’s Johannes Cabal. He’s just so cool! Not sure he’d enjoy hanging out with me though, I’m not clever enough to keep up with him. I’d probably end up as a zombie. Horst Cabal would be someone to have a good time with.
Which of your own characters would you Kill? Fuck? Marry? And why?
Uh, marry everyone, fuck Spencer? Fuck Spencer because he’s hot in that nerdy turtleneck and I have a thing for villains. Marry Elena, because she’s awesome. I guess I’d have to kill Jack and Lucien? That sounds awful, because I do love them. I just don’t think they’d make good husbands; they have too many issues to be in healthy relationships.
Star Trek or Star Wars? Why?
Mass Effect, because you can be gay and date all the aliens. Garrus Vakarian is my space dinosaur husband. Though Bioware totally dropped the ball by not making every alien bisexual.
What’s your drink of choice?
I love Jinro’s Green Grape soju. I also like amaretto sours and white russians.
Would you rather be in a room full of snakes or a room full of spiders?
I wouldn’t mind being in either? I’m professionally trained to work with both, venomous or not. If I was in a room full of ball pythons I’d be in heaven. They’re just so cute with their little puppy-dog snake faces. Actually, maybe not a room full of tarantulas because they’d be trying to eat each other and I’d be breaking up little spider fights constantly.
What’s your favorite line from any movie?
“We all go a little mad sometimes” from Psycho’s Norman Bates.
What are you working on now, and when can we expect it?
I’ve got an unpublished collection of erotic horror stories revolving around queer men. So far tales include feuding conjoined twins, a resurrected witch, a vampiric grimoire, a hive-minded creature that reanimates the dead, the fountain of youth under a moldering Colorado sanitarium, and a corrupted youth minister who gets more than he bargained for after picking up a cultist. Amongst other tales!
Seventeen-year-old Jack Ives is used to being unlucky. His only friend has just moved away to college, his parents are alcoholics, and he’s relentlessly bullied by the town psychopath. All that begins to change with the arrival of a handsome but quirky new student, Lucien, who wants to be more than friends.
Their newfound happiness doesn’t last, however, as a strange new illness strikes the island. Fishermen go missing, and the villagers left behind aren’t themselves anymore. When Lucien is suspected to be the cause of the outbreak, can Jack overcome his teenage hormones and save Eldrick Isle? Will he even want to?
Warnings: Abuse, alcoholism, animal death, bullying, graphic violence/gore, guns, homophobia, misgendering
- Universal Buy Link: https://www.ridleyharker.com/parasite
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61345940-parasite
Ridley Harker is an up-and-coming horror author who delights in all things gay and spooky. Influenced by Billy Martin (Poppy Z. Brite), Clive Barker, and Gemma Files, his favorite books are those with enemies to lovers, great villains, and queer main characters. Horror-romance is his favorite genre. He lives in the Middle of Nowhere with his two dogs, a grumpy old snake, and a host of pet tarantulas. Ridley is currently working on his MFA.
- Author Website: https://www.ridleyharker.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/ridley.harker
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/HarkerRidley
- Author Twitter: https://twitter.com/RidleyHarker
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16649258.Ridley_Harker
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/ridley_harker
Ridley is giving away a $20 Amazon gift card with this tour:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.