Today I am so pleased to welcome Ariella Zoelle to Joyfully Jay. Ariella has come to talk to us about her latest release, Friend or Mistletoe. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Chapter 9: Mingo Nevins
I had fantasized about a gorgeous guy tenderly wiping a streak of flour off my cheek more times than I could count. None of my ex-boyfriends had understood what living out the holiday movie rom-com meant to me. But why oh why, out of all the people in the world, was Marley Garland the partner who acted out my dreams to perfection?
The gentle way he cupped my cheeks in his hand before he kissed me stole my heart. His demanding kisses had played to win the day before, but now, it was the lingering, chaste sweetness worthy of a Hallmark movie. Gone was the harsh passion, and in its place was the softness that made my heart flutter like the whirlwind of turtledoves doing laps in my stomach. It was the perfect boyfriend kiss I had spent my entire life wishing for, and the guy I was supposed to hate was making all my wishes come true.
My indignation flared at him trampling on something that meant so much to me. I pushed him with the full force of my anger. How dare he mess with the sanctity of romantic holiday baking kisses! “Oh, fuck you!”
“Fuck me yourself!” Marley growled back, the aggression of it grabbing my dick’s immediate attention.
I scoffed. “Yeah, right. As if you’d actually lower yourself to fuck me.”
His tone certainly implied his words were true. But I could only blink at him because I didn’t understand how we had gone from sugar sweet to anger so fast, despite being the instigator of the mood swing.
Marley pulled me closer, holding me captive. He trailed his fingers up my throat to stroke under my chin like I was my cat. And damned if it didn’t make me want to purr, just like Figgy. Something shifted in his demeanor, taking a turn for the sensual. “Let’s make this a not-so-silent night.”
He kissed me to silence my protests. The heat was back from before, which ignited the desire within me into a roaring blaze. Damn him for being so irresistible! I had to put up a little resistance to save face. “I’m still fucking pissed at you.”
“That’s fine.” He cut off my protest with another insistent kiss that forced me to grab hold of his sweater to keep myself from being swept away by his unexpected passion.
I jerked with surprise when Marley cupped my hard-on and gave it a gentle squeeze. He smugly asked, “Is this a candy cane in your pocket, or are you just happy to fight with me?”
Stupid, stupid body betraying me! But his joke deserved one in return. “That excite-mint has nothing to do with you.”
“Let’s take this argument to the bedroom.” Before I agreed, he swept me off my feet to carry me to bed like a romantic Christmas caveman.
The only thing worse than Mingo not living out his Christmas rom-com fantasy is having his sworn enemy be the one to make all his holiday dreams come true.
I’d rather roast my chestnuts over an open fire than spend a single second around Marley. So when that grinch shows up at my apartment to hang out with my friends over Christmas break, I’m ready to deck his halls, if you know what I mean.
After he starts an argument with me, I take advantage of the mistletoe hanging above us to end it with an impulsive kiss to shut him up, once and for all. But I make one crucial miscalculation: Marley kisses to win, and I refuse to lose.
Now, I want to jingle his bells and make it a white Christmas. It must be a holiday miracle that I went from hating a guy to wishing he’d plow me like the snowy roads.
Can we call a truce long enough to make it a not-so-silent night?
Friend or Mistlefoe is a standalone holiday novel in the Sunnyside universe. This comedic enemies to lovers gay romance is full of holiday cheer and naughty Christmas banter. If you love cute sweetness, sexy fun, and no angst stories that will make you laugh and swoon, you’ll enjoy this festive HEA without cliffhangers.
Ariella Zoelle adores steamy, funny, swoony romances where couples are allowed to just be happy. She writes low angst stories full of heat, humor, and heart. But sometimes she’s in the mood for something with a bit more angst and drama. If you are too, check out her A.F. Zoelle books.
For real-time updates on her writing progress, please join her Facebook group for exclusive teasers or follow her on Twitter or Instagram. You can also sign up for her newsletter to gain access to bonus chapters, previews of upcoming books, exclusive visual guides, and more.
Connect with Ariella:
- Website: https://www.ariellazoelle.com/
- Newsletter: https://www.ariellazoelle.com/newsletter
- Amazon Author Profile: https://amzn.to/3zzxJWg
- A.F. Zoelle’s Books: https://amzn.to/3BAgypg
- Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/amazingafzoelle/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/extraafzoelle
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AriellaZoelle
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ariellazoelle/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/ariellazoelle
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/ariella-zoelle
To celebrate the release Friend or Mistlefoe, Ariella has a special giveaway for you! Ariella is giveaway one of the character, Mingo’s, naughty or nice holiday-themed mugs! These are the mugs featured in this book and are now available on Ariella’s website: https://www.ariellazoelle.com/store. You can also use the cheeky code GRR10 for 10% off everything in-store until 11:59 PM EST on December 1st!
Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.