Today I am so pleased to welcome Lane Hayes to Joyfully Jay. Lane has come to talk to us about her latest release, The Humbug Holiday. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
“Where do you want this?”
Cameron squinted as he shrugged his arms out of his coat. “I don’t know. It’s probably best to put it in one of the front rooms so it’ll be easy to get rid of. I suppose we could leave it here in the entry next to the staircase or…in the living room.”
“It’ll be in the way here and unless you spend any time in the living room, you’ll forget about it till July when it’s nothing more than a dead trunk surrounded by brown needles.”
“How about your office?”
He wrinkled his nose in distaste. “Then I’ll have to look at it.”
“Your punishment for buying a tree in the first place,” I snarked.
He rolled his eyes but gamely helped me carry the tree into his office. We positioned it near the window and stood aside to admire our handiwork.
“It doesn’t look half bad.” Cameron pulled his cell from his pocket and snapped a few photos. “We can get rid of it this weekend.”
I frowned. “I thought you were at least going to put lights on it and keep it till Christmas.”
He fixed me with a curious stare. “If you insist.”
“I don’t insist. I don’t care if you keep it or decorate it at all. It’s your damn tree, not mine.” I rubbed my palms for warmth as I stepped away from the tree. “I’m gonna demo the basement stairs and let you get to work. I’ve heard that writers don’t like to be away from their computers for long.”
“True, but I’ve been working all day,” he replied, hiking his jeans up slightly and perching on the edge of his desk.
“Grilling me passes for research, eh?”
“Absolutely. It was an informative excursion. I learned a lot about your hometown and…you.”
I scoffed. “That I worked at the local tree farm when I was a kid?”
“Sure. Among other things.” His voice sounded huskier than usual.
And damn, that was sexy.
Christ, what was it about this guy? I didn’t want to be attracted to him. He was a secret-stealer, and I wasn’t interested in baring my soul. The problem was that he was crafty as fuck and well versed in the art of positive manipulation. Right this very second, I sensed a strong power shift, but I was determined to fight it.
Two grumpy bears and a holiday season neither will forget…
So this sexy silver fox rolls into my small New England town and buys a run-down old house in need of renovation. That’s where I come in. My job is to do some basic repairs, so he can write in peace. Yep, the hotshot is a bestselling author, but that’s not why I recognize Cameron Warren.
No worries, I won’t let a one-night stand make things awkward. I could use the work, but is he seriously asking me to help him buy a Christmas tree too?
I’m a good-natured guy all year long, but I have to admit…I hate the holidays.
There. I said it.
This season, I’m hiding away on the opposite side of the country in a picturesque village. My family isn’t excited about my decision, and the only way to assure them I’m fine is to deck the darn halls. Or hire someone else to do it.
The handyman might not be the logical choice for an elf, but his grumpy act makes me smile. Which makes me think the holidays might not be so “bah-humbug” this year after all.
The Humbug Holiday is a bisexual, age-gap romance featuring two grumpy bears who find unexpected magic and learn to embrace everyone’s favorite time of year!
Lane Hayes loves a good romance! An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. Her debut novel was a 2013 Rainbow Award finalist and subsequent books have received Honorable Mentions, and were winners in the 2016, 2017, 2018-2019, and 2020-2021 Rainbow Awards. She loves red wine, chocolate and travel (in no particular order). Lane lives in Southern California with her amazing husband in a not-quite-empty nest.
Connect with Lane:
- My Readers’ Group, Lane’s Lovers: https://bit.ly/3aIbMYg
- My Newsletter: https://bit.ly/3cICfaK
- Blog: www.lane-hayes.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/LaneHayes3
- FB: facebook.com/LaneHayesAuthor
- Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/lanehayes
- BookBub: bookbub.com/authors/lane-hayes
- Instagram: instagram.com/Lanehayesauthor
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/LaneHayes
To celebrate the release of The Humbug Holiday, Lane is giving away the Winner’s choice of an audiobook or ebook of choice from her published works! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.