I can’t believe we are wrapping up 2022 and on into 2023! This has been a big year for me on the home front. Both my husband and I turned 50 this year, which seems like a major milestone. I have been doing a lot of reflecting going forward as I am suddenly looking toward the second half of life (and then some). My youngest graduated from high school and I now have a freshman and senior in college. So we are adjusting to life as empty nesters (and I’ll admit, I am still missing having my girls home with me all the time). We had one wonderful family vacation to Disney in June, and my husband and I had a trip of a lifetime to England in the fall. So all in all, a busy year with lots more to come in the upcoming months (we are redoing our kitchen. so winter/spring 2023 will bring a lot of chaos as we spend two months with everything torn apart!).
On the blog front, we ran 1070 posts this year. I personally reviewed 192 books (and for my favorites and everyone else’s, check out our Best of 2022 posts). This has been a busy year for a lot of my team, and we lost Sue as a full-time reviewer (though I am thrilled she will still be popping in occasionally as her schedule allows), so things have been a bit slower than in past years, but we are still busy reading and reviewing lots of great books. As always, I couldn’t do it without my wonderful team: Michelle, Kris, Elizabeth, Jovan, Veronica, Camille, and Sue. I can’t even express how much work they put in to read and review, particularly with their own demanding life schedules. (And a HUGE bonus shout out to Michelle who helps with SO much of the blog administration. I truly don’t know what I would do without her!) They are an amazing team and they have all been with me for many years, so please send them lots of love! (And this is a good time to mention that we are still looking for new reviewers, so if you have any interest, hit me up!).
I hope all of you have had a great 2022 and an even better 2023. Thank you for being such amazing readers and supporters of the blog. I love (and read) every one of your comments and I am still, after 11+ years, thrilled every time someone loves a book they read because of a review they saw here. Happy New Year to you all!
And with that, here is what we have planned for this first week of 2023!
- Review: Cupid by Minerva Howe (Veronica)
- Guest Post: Cheshire in Heartsland by Ariella Zoelle
- Review: The Demon Lord of California by Bennu Bright (Camille)
- Review: Back in a Spell by Lana Harper (Jay)
- Review: Cheshire in Heartsland by Ariella Zoelle (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: The Alien Infiltrator by Eryn Ivers
- December Favorite Books
- December Favorite Covers
- Cover Reveal: Off the Wall by Edie Montreux
- Guest Post: Best Friend Forsaken by Dorothy Piper
- Review: Ocean’s Echo by Everina Maxwell (Jay)
- Review: Cat’s Chance in Hell by Meghan Maslow (Kris)
- Guest Post with Jaime Samms
- Review: Stick Shift by K.M. Neuhold (Jay)
- Review: Heaven Official’s Blessing, Volume 5 by Mo Xiang Ton Xiu (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: Rembrandt’s Station by Christie Meierz
And that should do it for this week! Enjoy!