Lots of things going on for me on the home front. Yesterday, we signed our contract on the kitchen remodel. Kind of terrifying, as it is a big chunk of money to put out at once, but our cabinets are falling apart and so we have to replace them sooner than later. So this is the right time to give the rest of the kitchen an update since it means tearing the place apart anyway. Once the contract is signed and all the materials ordered, the clock starts ticking for us to clean out our garage (where they will be working and storing new cabinets, etc) and empty out all our current kitchen cabinets. If all goes well, everything should arrive in about two months, then another 6-8 weeks of demo and rebuild where we will be without a kitchen before it is all done. My hope is everything is finished prior to the girls coming home for the summer.
This is also my birthday week, so tonight we are celebrating with my younger daughter before she heads back to school tomorrow (the older one is already back). She has been on winter break for about 5 weeks, so I have gotten used to having her around again. I’ll miss her so much when she gets back to school! But fortunately both girls are close enough to see often. And then later this week, I’m going out with my husband on my actual birthday to celebrate.
Here is what we have planned on the blog this week…
- Review: Blaine’s Beast by Joel Abernathy (Jay)
- Review: The Loner by Riley Hart (Michelle)
- Review: Wild Ones by Kira Stone (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: On a Midnight Clear audio by Lily Morton
- Review: Aisle Be There by Charlie Cochet (Jay)
- Guest Post: Until We Sort This Out by Mere Rain
- Review: Climbing to Believe by F.A. Ray (Veronica)
- Review: Blue Plate Special by Layla Reyne (Jay)
- Guest Post: The Devil You Know audio by Morgan Brice
- Review: Eldon by Macy Blake (Kris)
- Review: How to Defy a Vampire by Alice Winters (Jay)
- Guest Post: Emissary by A.L. Morrow
- Review: Storm Front by Iris Foxglove (Camille)
- Audiobook Review: Lady Under the Lake by E.J. Russell (Jay)
- Review: Linus by Macy Blake (Kris)
- Guest Post: Love/Hate by Quinn Riley
- Review: Queer Fires by Gregory Ashe (Michelle)
And that should do it for this week!