Today I am so pleased to welcome Sarah Honey to Joyfully Jay. Sarah has come to talk to us about her latest release, The King’s Delight. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Leo’s mouth twisted with the hint of a suppressed smile. “I’d like you to be my bodyguard, Felix. In addition to your position as my groom, of course.”
The hope in Felix’s belly flared. “What, exactly, would that entail?”
“You’d accompany me when I take Blackbird out and keep me safe. It would mean I could ride most days while freeing Mattias or the guards from having to trail along behind me when I want to leave the castle. Believe me, he’ll be thrilled with the idea.”
Felix allowed himself to relax, his shoulders creeping down from where he’d pulled them up around his ears. “So, the sex wouldn’t be part of my employment? That’s just because we want to?”
“Absolutely,” Leo assured him, eyes gleaming—with amusement or anticipation, Felix couldn’t quite tell. “It would have no bearing on your other duties.”
Felix thought about it. It sounded like an ideal arrangement, but part of him wanted to make Leo squirm before he agreed to anything. “And what if I don’t want to be your bodyguard?”
Leo rolled his eyes and stood, pulling Felix close and kissing him. Felix responded eagerly, and by the time Leo pulled back they were both grinning. Felix let out a soft laugh, happiness bubbling up in his chest at the thought that maybe he could have this. “If you’re going to kiss me like that every time I disagree with you, I might never shut up.”
“Oh, I have other methods for taking care of mouthy brats,” Leo said. His mouth snapped shut and his cheeks flushed dark red, and Felix got the feeling the king hadn’t meant to say that out loud. He wasn’t going to let something like that go unremarked though, not if it meant what he hoped it meant.
“Oh?” He leaned in close and whispered, “Would those methods involve your hand, my bare arse, and being put across your lap?” He tried to hide the excitement in his voice, but he wasn’t quite sure he managed it.
Leo’s eyes widened before he let out a low, filthy chuckle, and the smile he gave promised nothing but trouble of the most enjoyable kind. “I should warn you, Felix, I like nothing better than a good, obedient lad who does as he’s told—unless it’s a naughty boy who knows how to take a spanking.”
Tales of Lilleforth, Book 1
King Leopold of Lilleforth rules his kingdom well. He’s handsome, intelligent, and charming. It’s no wonder the neighbouring kingdoms are eager to provide him with a princess to marry. There’s just one problem—Leo has no interest in princesses. His tastes tend more towards handsome young men who enjoy a good spanking.
Felix Hobson left the kingdom of Lilleforth as a teenager to train as a groom. While he was away he learned a lot, and not all of it had to do with horses—although riding crops were definitely involved. Now an adult, Felix is home to take up the position of royal groom, where he hopes he’ll have plenty of opportunities for a roll in the hay.
When Felix mistakes Leopold for a horse thief and attempts to seduce him, Leopold is delighted by the irreverent, attractive lad, and sparks fly. Their arrangement is all fun and games, right until they both fall hard and fast. But while what they have together is a delight, there’s no way it can last—can it?
They’ll have to navigate a visiting princess, an assassination attempt, and a kidnapping if they want a chance to find out.
Sarah started life in New Zealand. She came to Australia for a working holiday, loved it, and never left. She lives in Western Australia with her partner, two cats, two dogs and a life-size replica TARDIS.
She spends half her time at a day job and the rest of her time reading and writing about clueless men falling in love, with a dash of humour and spice thrown in along the way.
Her proudest achievements include having adult kids who will still be seen with her in public, the ability to make a decent sourdough loaf, and knowing all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody.
She has co-authored both the Bad Boyfriends, Inc and the Adventures in Aguillon series with Lisa Henry. Socially Orcward, the third book in the Aguillon series, was runner up in the Best Asexual Book category in 2021’s Rainbow Awards.
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/~/e/B09CPYCS7K
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/20441060.Sarah_Honey
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sarah.honey.9862Set featured image
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahhoneywriting/
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/profile/sarah-honey
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rockhenryhoney
To celebrate the release of The King’s Delight, Sarah is giving away a $15 Amazon Voucher! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.