Today I am so pleased to welcome Karenna Colcroft to Joyfully Jay. Karenna has come to talk to us about her latest release, Hummus on Rye. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Five Random Facts About Kyle Slidell
In Hummus on Rye, book 3 of my Real Werewolves Don’t Eat Meat series, the main character/narrator is Kyle Slidell, a newer werewolf who was changed in the first book of the series. Kyle also narrates books 1 and 2 (Salad on the Side and Veggie Burgers to Go).
Even though I probably shouldn’t play favorites among my characters, Kyle is definitely one of my favorites. He’s a consummate wiseass with a good heart and strong loyalty to those he cares about, and he cares more deeply than he lets on. So when I sat down to write this post, I thought I’d give readers a peek behind Kyle’s façade.
- Kyle grew up in rural Pennsylvania. On a farm. He’s become pretty urbanized since leaving home, but sometimes he still misses his roots and wishes he could return. Unfortunately, werewolves aren’t allowed to have contact with any family members other than spouses/partners and children, and they need special permission even for that, so Kyle can’t return to the area in which he grew up.
- Kyle has a younger sister who has three children. We get to meet them in Veggie Burgers to Go, when Tobias allows Kyle to see his parents and other family one final time. Kyle wasn’t always nice as an older brother, but he and his sister got along fairly well. And he loves his nephew and nieces.
- Kyle works in technology because it seemed like the thing to do, but it isn’t where his interests lie. He doesn’t actually enjoy his work…but he also doesn’t know what he wants to be when he grows up, even though he’s nearing 30 years old.
- Kyle became vegan to honor the memory of a partner who passed away. When his partner was alive and they were together, Kyle teased him about being vegan and wanted no part of it. But when his partner died suddenly, Kyle, in his grief, decided to stop eating meat as a way to keep the connection alive. He has no objection to other people eating meat, and it isn’t a big philosophical belief; he simply continues to want to honor his lost partner. Which may be part of the reason he’s able to out-stubborn his wolf and remain vegan even in shifted form.
- Kyle moved to Boston from Philadelphia as a result of a work transfer. In doing so, he left the guy he’d been dating, because he assumed the guy wouldn’t want to relocate. In Philly, Kyle and his boyfriend were fairly sociable and had a wide social circle, but in Boston, Kyle became isolated. At least until he met his neighbor Tobias Rogan…and of course, the whole being changed into a werewolf and becoming part of Tobias’s pack thing kind of put the kibosh on social isolation.
So that’s a little about Kyle Slidell, the vegan werewolf at the heart of the Real Werewolves Don’t Eat Meat series. Is there anything else you’d like to know about him? Ask me in the comments!
A six-year-old human child, who recently moved with his single father into the heart of the Boston North Pack’s territory, is missing–and Alpha Tobias Rogan has been framed for kidnapping the boy. Meanwhile, a new pack member with a traumatic past has drawn Saul Hughes, the rogue Alpha with a grudge against Tobias, to Boston.
Kyle Slidell, Tobias’s mate, spots Saul and realizes he must be behind the child’s kidnapping. But Saul has retained his powers and uses them to erase his presence from the minds of all of the other Boston wolves. Only Kyle, with his unusual immunity to compulsion, is able to remember seeing the rogue.
To protect his mate and save the little boy, Kyle will violate shifter law and ignore direct orders from the ruler of the Northeast Region werewolves. But will he survive the fallout?
Warnings: mention of sexual assault in characters’ pasts
Buy Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQWM5VLY
Karenna Colcroft lives just north of Boston, Massachusetts, and has been in love with the city since childhood, though she has yet to encounter any werewolves, vampires, or other paranormal beings in her travels. At least none that she knows of. Though since in her non-writing life, under another name, she offers services as a channel and energy healing practitioner, it could be said that she herself is a paranormal being. The jury’s still out on that.
Karenna is a polyamorous, nonbinary human who splits time between the home she shares with her husband and the one she shares with her committed partner. She also has two adult children and a bonus son, three grandchildren, and two and a half cats. (Half in terms of time the cat lives with her, not in terms of the cat itself…)
- Author Website: https://karennacolcroft.com
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/riverlightbearer/
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/KarennaColcroft
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/karenna-colcroft/
Karenna is giving away a $10 Amazon gift card with this tour:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.