Today I am so pleased to welcome Allison Temple to Joyfully Jay. Allison has come to talk to us about her latest release, Destination Bedding. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Kate & Piper’s Destination Wedding Survival Kit
In Destination Bedding, Kate and Piper travel to Colorado to be bridesmaids in Kate’s sister’s wedding. Weddings are always chaotic and being so far from home means they both need to be prepared for every eventuality. Looking back, here are ten things they probably wish they’d packed.
- Phone charger and portable battery – someone’s going to need it. Might as well look like a hero when you have one on hand.
- Tissues – it’s a wedding. Tears are going to happen one way or the other.
- Tide pen – this won’t actually do much, but when the bride’s cousin hugs her a little too tight and leaves make-up on her shoulder, you want to at least be able to say you tried to get it off
- Yoga clothes – even in 2023, athleisure is queen and you never know when you’ll wind up at a partner yoga class with your secret crush. Might as well look good while you do it.
- Driver’s license – let’s be honest. You’re not actually going to leave your driver’s license at home, but even if you don’t plan to rent a car, you never know when you’ll be called upon to take Grandma shoe shopping or rush to the hospital after an alpaca stampede. Trust us.
- Ear plugs – Aunt Lois snores. We all know it. If you can’t find a better roommate, come prepared.
- Running shoes – for sprinting through the airport, either to catch your plane or to tell the love of your life you made a mistake and they shouldn’t go.
- Noise-canceling headphones – yes, these are different from earplugs. They’re bigger and more clearly say “leave me alone” to that overly chatty seatmate on the plane, or to your family when you need some downtime.
- A killer dress – or any other formalwear of choice. Yes, you have to wear some scratchy pink monstrosity on the bride’s big day, but the rehearsal dinner is your chance to make a true fashion statement. You never know who might be watching.
- A sense of humor…and humility – It’s a wedding far from home. Flights get delayed, rooms get double booked. Secrets come out at inconvenient times. The only way to get through this is to laugh and stay humble. A wedding is one day. Marriage (and family drama) is forever.
What did we miss? Leave a comment and share what you would pack in your destination wedding survival kit. One commenter will win their choice of the ebook or audiobook version of Destination Bedding!
Kate’s fine. Just fine.
Sure, her ex-fiancé is marrying Kate’s little sister in scenic Summit Springs. Sure, her friends and family don’t think that plot twist is weird. And sure, her pink bridesmaid’s dress is a fashion crime.
But it’s fine. Just fine.
Until Kate comes face to face with Piper. They’ve known each other their whole lives, but Piper’s gone from awkward teen to walking temptation. And she’s not shy about showing Kate exactly how grown up she is.
Kate’s ready and Piper is willing, but it’s impossible to find time alone with alpacas and bridezilla on the loose. If they can just get the happy couple down the aisle, then Kate can reach her true destination: one night in Piper’s bed.
Destination Bedding is a 40k contemporary FF romance novella. It features a burned-out bridesmaid, a wedding weekend in the mountains, and a little sister’s best friend who plays by her own rules.
Allison lives in Toronto with her very patient husband and the world’s cutest team of rescue pets. She tries to split her time between writing, exploring Toronto’s parks, and traveling anywhere that has good wine. Tragically, this leaves no time to clean the house.
Allison also writes queer fantasy as Alli Temple.
Allison has brought a winner’s choice of Destination Bedding ebook or audiobook to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Sunday, February 5th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.
My kindle, of course!
Thanks for the great post. I really want to read this.
Welcome, Allison, and congratulations on the release of Destination Bedding!
I’d add some cash and a credit card to your suggested packing list.
Congrats on the release! It sounds great!
Good luck on the release. Extra booze too get through the weekend.