Today I am so pleased to welcome Lane Hayes to Joyfully Jay. Lane has come to talk to us about her latest audiobook release, Fairy Cakes in Winter. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
I scoffed. “I told you…fairy cakes don’t sell. They’re under-frosted cupcakes. Nothing special.”
“We’ll make them special,” he enthused with a confidence that made my dick twitch.
I ignored the insistent pulse below and fixed him with a no-nonsense look. “How?”
“By developing a new selling point.”
He let go of my wrist and leaned against the booth. “Holidays and occasions make it easy. You start with a catchy name and a gimmick. Fairy Cake Valentine Madness, for example—terrible name, but bear with me. The gimmick could be something simple, like DIY decorating kits that you sell by the dozen…complete with frosting, sprinkles, etcetera. You could sponsor decorating parties year-round with themes like Fairy Cakes in Winter, Fairy Cake Easter Hop-Along. Pupcakes are a fun idea too. Cater to dog lovers and kids and…get everyone talking about one specific product. Fairy cakes.”
Theo raised his glass in a toast, swallowing the rest of the contents just as our server came by with our appetizers and a second round of drinks. We placed our order, eyeing each other over our salads until we were alone again. I speared a tomato and pointed it at him when Theo opened his mouth to launch into another sales blast.
“I like your enthusiasm, but there’s just one problem, Theo. No one talks about fucking fairy cakes.”
“They’ll talk about mine.”
“Yours?” I arched a brow as I popped the tomato into my mouth.
“Mine. I’ll come by your bakery one day this week and whip up a batch of my famous chocolate chip cupcakes, but—” He held up his hand before I could correct him. “I’ll make them into fetching fairy cakes instead. My icing is scrum-delish. You’ll be offering me a job in no time.”
Narrated by Michael Dean
A grumpy baker, a quirky ad man, and a recipe for forever…
So this cute guy sits next to me on the plane and proceeds to talk my ear off for hours. Not good. I don’t like talking and I don’t like strangers. But Theo’s sweet, smart, and sexy—the perfect distraction from business woes and personal worries.
Okay, things got overly friendly, but we’re adults and we know the score. I’m too old, he’s too nice, and we live on different continents.
Then, out of the blue, he shows up at my bakery with that pretty smile and a list of wacky marketing ideas—like how to make fairy cakes a thing.
I don’t like fairy cakes.
But I do like Theo, so…maybe?
The new me takes risks. The new me is brave and confident. The new me flirts with hunky, imposing bears on planes while traveling to a foreign country.
It’s going well, thank you.
However, my plans to do some sightseeing, drink tea, and eat my weight in biscuits every day get derailed when I realize there might be a way to help Scott and prove a few things to myself.
Don’t worry. I won’t fall for the grumpy baker. No way. He’s complicated and broody and—
Uh oh…it might be too late. Help!
Fairy Cakes in Winter is a bisexual, age-gap, grumpy/sunshine MM romance featuring a sexy baker, a sunny tourist, and a few dozen fairy cakes.
Lane Hayes loves a good romance! An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. Her debut novel was a 2013 Rainbow Award finalist and subsequent books have received Honorable Mentions, and were winners in the 2016, 2017, 2018-2019, 2020-2021 Rainbow Awards. She loves wine, chocolate and travel (in no particular order). Lane lives in Southern California with her amazing husband in a newly empty nest.
Connect with Lane:
- My Readers’ Group, Lane’s Lovers: https://bit.ly/3aIbMYg
- My Newsletter: https://bit.ly/3cICfaK
- Blog: www.lane-hayes.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/LaneHayes3
- FB: facebook.com/LaneHayesAuthor
- Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/lanehayes
- BookBub: bookbub.com/authors/lane-hayes
- Instagram: instagram.com/lanehayes3/
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/LaneHayes
- Tiktok: tiktok.com/@lane_hayes
To celebrate the release of Fairy Cakes in Winter, Lane is giving away the Winner’s choice of an audiobook or ebook of your choice from her published works! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Welcome, Lane, and thank you for the excerpt and giveaway chance. Best wishes for the success of Fairy Cakes in Winter!