Today I am so pleased to welcome Beck Grey to Joyfully Jay. Beck has come to talk to us about their latest release, Free Me. They have also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Beck a big welcome!
“What if we find out we have nothing in common?”
Is that all? This man is going to give me wrinkles before my time. “Blake, we have a ton in common.” At his frown of disbelief, I tick off examples on my fingers. “One, even though we didn’t put the pieces together, we basically have the same friend group. There are a few you know better than I do, and vice versa, but they all know each other and get along. Compatible friends are pretty darn important and we’ve already passed that hurdle.”
I tap a second finger. “Two, we both love physical activity.” I waggle my eyebrows at him. “Of all varieties.” That brings some of the sparkle back to his eyes. I tap finger number three. “We’re both focused on our careers. I have a better understanding of work-life balance, but we’re working on yours and doing it together. Did you know being able to work together is a sign of a solid relationship? We already know we can do that.” I tap finger four. “And we’re both all about family. I know Tadhg and Mia are important to you, just like Jules, Erik and my parents are to me.”
The tension in his body eases, and I’m so glad he’s willing to listen. “You know Blake, we balance each other nicely.” I glide my hands up his arms and over his shoulders. “You’re so grounded. So think-first-and-speak-second. You consider all angles before making a decision, and that’s so freaking smart and sexy.” I gesture to myself. “If you ask our friends, they’d probably tell you I could use some grounding. But I can teach you how to shake things up a bit and let your hair down. Be a bit more free-spirited.” I lean in and brush his lips with mine. “We’re glitter and glue, Darling. Peanut butter and chocolate.” I grin. “I get to be the chocolate.”
Blake chuckles. “Obviously.”
“We’re french fries and chocolate shakes.”
He makes a yuck face. “Wait, that’s just… no.”
I gawp at him. “Blake, are you telling me you’ve never tried that?”
“Why would I try that? It sounds horrible.” He frowns in disgust.
I throw my hands up. “This is thoroughly unacceptable. On our first date we’re going somewhere we can order french fries and shakes, and you’re going to try it.”
His response is swift and forceful, and it kind of turns me on. “That is not where I’m taking you on our first date.” He’s completely offended, and I have to laugh.
“Fine.” I drape my arms around his neck. “So where are we going on our first date?”
“I…” He hesitates. “I thought I’d take you to dinner at Laurent, have a nice meal, some wine, and talk. Get to know each other.”
I relax against him. “Mmm. I like this plan so far. Then what?”
He slides his arms around me, slowly caressing my back. “Afterwards we’d go for a walk by the water. Maybe kiss under the stars.” He winces. “Too sappy?”
I bite my lips so I don’t actually squee out loud. I definitely squee internally, though. “No. Not at all. In fact, it sounds perfect.”
He gives me the sweetest puppy dog eyes. I’m gone. There is no resisting that. He can never find out or he’ll use it all the time. “I would love that.”
A gender-fluid cutie, a workaholic hottie, and a hookup gone right.
No romantic relationship could ever compete with my dream job. Sure, it gets lonely, but that’s what occasional hookups are for. Work-life balance? Who cares? I certainly don’t. Until chest pains bring me to my knees and land me in the emergency room.
It’s a wake-up call I can’t afford to ignore.
When my well-meaning family encourages me to make some major life changes, like hiring a meditation and physiotherapist, whatever that is, I’m worried enough to agree.
Imagine my surprise when my practitioner turns out to be the hookup I haven’t been able to forget.
What’s a fabulously vivacious gender-fluid beauty to do when stress is high and Prince Charmings aren’t lined up at their door? Head to the club to recharge my sparkle on the dance floor. I have no intention of hooking up with anyone. Hookups are not my thing.
Then I see the slightly older hottie in the Tom Ford suit, and all my self-restraint goes up in a blast of glitter.
When it turns out he’s my new meditation client and my friend’s older brother, I’m sure the universe is messing with me.
Because mixing business with pleasure is a huge no-no.
So why does my heart keep shouting yes?
Free Me is a low-angst, opposites attract, worlds collide, contemporary LGBTQ romance about a hookup gone right. It contains no cheating, and a guaranteed HEA.
Warnings: Transphobia by a member of the LGBTQ community on a member of the community
- Universal Buy Link: https://books2read.com/Free-Me-Love-in-the-Pacific-Northwest
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/123218430-free-me
Beck is a non-binary writer of sweet, sexy, LGBTQ happily ever afters. Why? Because everyone deserves all the happy! They live in the Northeastern United States with their two adorable dogs.
Weekdays are spent working their day job, but nights and weekends are devoted to writing stories involving hot characters, favorite tropes, and happy endings. Any additional time includes reading, laughing with friends, drinking red wine, and playing D&D. If there’s cake involved at any point it’s a win!
- Author Website: https://www.beckgrey.com/
- Author Facebook (Personal): https://www.facebook.com/beck.grey014/
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/beck.grey014/
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beckgreyauthor/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/21696745.Beck_Grey
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/40899/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/stores/Beck-Grey/author/B09CZ69MTS
Beck is giving away a $20 Amazon gift card with this tour:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Welcome, Beck, and thanks for the excerpt and the giveaway chance. Best wishes for the success of Free Me!
And yay for cake!