This is a happy weekend at my house as my older daughter is coming home for the summer (my younger one is already home). She just graduated college and will be starting work as a teacher in the fall. She is moving into a shared house with some fellow teacher friends soon, so this is likely the last time I will have her home with me as an official resident versus just visiting. It is bittersweet, as we are very close and I miss her so much while she is gone. But also, I am so proud of her and excited for her next steps into adulthood and independence.
I also want to say a HUGE thank you to all the folks who donated to her teacher wish list. We were blown away by the generosity she received and I know many Joyfully Jay readers made donations. I really just can’t thank you all enough for your kindness and thoughtfulness!
Today’s is Father’s Day (at least in the US). We spent time yesterday with my parents and my sister’s family and tonight we are celebrating with my husband’s family. I want to wish a very wonderful day to all the fathers and father figures out there, and gentle hugs and lots of love to those for whom this is a tough day.
And here is what we have planned this week on the blog:
- Review: Mending a Dragon’s Heart by Minerva Howe (Veronica)
- Review: Stubbed Toes and Dating Woes by Dahlia Donovan (Elizabeth)
- Review: Lost in the Past by Trent Allen (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Roughing the Kicker by Rheland Richmond and Emerson Beckett
- Review: The Infinite Miles by Hannah Fergesen (Jay)
- Guest Post: When a Man Loves an Alien by Chloe Archer
- Review: Our Revels Now by Alexandra Caluen (Kris)
- Review: Tempt Me by Michelle McCraw (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: Take Me Home with You by Michael Roberts
- Review: Exiles by Becky Black (Camille)
- Guest Post: Rewriting the Rules by Steven D. Brewer
- Review: Love for the Reaper by Charlie Cochet (Jay)
- Review: Out of the Wild Night by Marina Vivancos (Michelle)
- Guest Post: Some Place Like Home by Gin Vane
- Review: Assassin by Katy Haye (Jay)
- Review: Dealer of Secrets by Davidson King (Elizabeth)
- Guest Post: Oblivious by Leslie McAdam
And that should do it for this week! Enjoy!