Today I am so pleased to welcome Michael Robert to Joyfully Jay. Michael has come to talk to us about his latest release, Take Me With You. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving Michael a big welcome!
Overall, my home and the surrounding open land was in decent shape. I walked across the front yard and carefully stepped over branches. The trees themselves managed to stay upright, but many lost substantially sized limbs. Cleanup would take days, and would probably require a bonfire. Once clear of the mess I moved closer to the dock, wondering how it withstood the waves. The dock had three eight-foot floating sections and the end of the dock had folded over the one tethered to it closer to shore. Other than that I had an intact dock.
My eyes scanned the shore, taking stock of all the debris the river had deposited on my land when I spotted a bright yellow piece of trash. Or maybe it was a hunk of yellow plastic off a car’s bumper. I shielded my eyes and stared at the oddly shaped lump as I moved closer because it had caught my attention. When I was almost to the yellow object I noticed a piece of clothing. I had to step over branches and trash that had been blown past the bulkhead. Practically jumping out of my skin, I realized the yellow vest was secured around a half-naked person lying face down on shore, their feet still in the water. My heart raced from fright and I wasn’t sure what to do. I jumped backward and raced toward the shack before stopping and looking back. Were they dead?
The tropical storms that roll into The Low Country of South Carolina are fierce. High destructive winds pummel the coastlines and rivers along the Atlantic, blowing debris and wreaking havoc. Storm surges crash up the river, depositing all sorts of rubble along the river’s shores.
The morning after one such storm, Bo Dawson, a 20 year old born on the wrong side of the tracks, discovers that a body has washed up on the shore in front of his fishing shack. With the area suffering from the devastation of the tropical storm, Bo is forced to care for the unconscious stranger. The stranger who doesn’t remember who he is or where he’s from.
For five weeks these two navigate the turbulent surprises delivered by life and brewing storms. But what happens when Hayes starts to regain his memory? What happens when he doesn’t want to go back to his other life?
Michael Robert is an author residing in Seattle, Washington. The Crow Flies Free is his debut novel. Michael enjoys traveling and he aspires to visit the locations of his upcoming novels so as to provide vivid and accurate descriptions of them. He enjoys tennis, road trips and fast cars. Please look for his future projects, the next story coming soon.
Connect with Michael: https://linktr.ee/AuthorMichaelRobert
To celebrate the release of Take Me With You, Michael is giving away an e-copy of the release. Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.