Today I am so pleased to welcome Lane Hayes to Joyfully Jay. Lane has come to talk to us about her latest audio release, You, Again. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
I loved that I could still make Nolan laugh. I would have happily sat on a barstool at the diner or on the dock at my place, regaling him with silly slices of life on the road all day, all night in exchange for whatever stories he was willing to share with me. Nolan wasn’t always an open book, which meant I had to do a little coaxing.
And surprising him with weird shit no one but him would understand seemed to do the trick.
For example, this morning, I marched into the diner, emptied my pocket, and pointed at Nolan. “That’s for you.”
“A rock. Gee, Vinnie, I’m touched.” The sarcasm was hard to miss, but his eyes lit up and a radiant smile spread across his face.
“Yep. I found it on my run this morning. It’s got those crystally bits you like inside.”
Nolan twisted the basic small gray stone in his hand, clearly amused by my Flintstones-inspired gift. “Weird, but…I like it. Thanks.”
I grinned. “You’re welcome. I’ll have the usual.”
“You got it.” He beamed at me, then slipped the rock into his pocket and turned to place my order in the kitchen.
JC came out to gab about hockey stats and talked me into trying some new veggie-and-cheese combo in my omelet. I agreed ’cause he was a good guy, an enthusiastic hockey fan, and two breakfasts gave me an excuse to linger for as long as I wanted. The diner’s coffee was amazing, and the omelets were to fucking die for.
I slid onto the same swivel stool at the counter I had almost every morning that summer and said hello to the same people who took the same seats at their booths. And I liked it.
Funny ’cause I’d hated the sameness of life here when I was younger. Now, I found it comforting. It helped that I didn’t expect this place to be something it wasn’t. I wasn’t looking for adventure, and I didn’t need to prove anything to myself anymore.
I’d been there, done that. But the locals still wanted to know what came next.
I had no idea.
The Elmwood Stories, Book 1
The hometown hockey hero and his best friend’s brother…
Hockey is in my blood. I learned to skate before I learned how to ride a bike. I’ve been on a wild ride, playing at the highest level for some of the biggest and best teams in the league. But now it’s over, and I’m not sure what to do with myself.
So I’m going home to Elmwood.
But I’ll tell you what I’m not gonna do—I’m not going to coach my buddy’s junior hockey league. No chance. I don’t know how to deal with kids, and besides, the other coach—who happens to be my best friend’s brother—hates me. With reason.
That may be old news, yet something tells me we’re going to have to deal with the past.
And that’s almost as scary as coaching teens.
No, I don’t hate Vinnie, but he drives me nuts.
He’s cocky, goofy, selfish, and yeah…after all these years, I’m still attracted to him. But I’m a responsible adult now. I run my family’s business, and with the help of my ex, I’ve made Elmwood Diner into a New England institution.
So maybe my life isn’t particularly exciting at the moment, and maybe Vinnie isn’t the worst. Nonetheless, I have no desire to rekindle a friendship with the hockey hero who no doubt will be on the first flight out of town the second he gets bored or gets a better offer.
And I’m not coaching with him. No way.
I can’t believe I’m doing this again.
You, Again is an MM bisexual, best friend’s brother, frenemies to lovers romance featuring old friends, a new quest, and a little hockey HEA!
Lane Hayes loves a good romance! An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. She loves wine, chocolate and travel (in no particular order). Lane lives in Southern California with her amazing husband and her fabulous pup, George.
Connect with Lane:
- My Readers’ Group, Lane’s Lovers: https://bit.ly/3aIbMYg
- My Newsletter: https://bit.ly/3cICfaK
- Blog: www.lane-hayes.com
- Twitter: twitter.com/LaneHayes3
- FB: facebook.com/LaneHayesAuthor
- Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/lanehayes
- BookBub: bookbub.com/authors/lane-hayes
- Instagram: instagram.com/lanehayes3/
- Instagram: instagram.com/lanehayesauthor/
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/LaneHayes
- Tiktok: tiktok.com/@lane_hayes
To celebrate the release of You, Again, Lane is giving away the Winner’s choice of an audiobook or ebook of your choice from her published works! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.