Today I am so pleased to welcome Jackie Keswick to Joyfully Jay. Jackie has come to talk to us about her latest release, When the Law Needs Help. She has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
The dead rabbit on his doorstep the previous day, coming on top of feeling out of place in Jon’s home without Jon around, had rattled Jack’s cage.
Finding an equally dead fish barely ruffled his composure.
The fish was dinner-sized, pale with dark splotches, and the pouty mouth and the whiskers suggested a carp or something similar. Like the rabbit, the fish was intact except for a few puncture marks that made Jack think of someone fishing with a barbecue fork.
And that made no sense at all.
Jack didn’t let it bother him. He bagged the fish and put it in the fridge to deal with later. Then he went running, picked up another supply of cheesecakes, showered, made coffee, and settled down to work.
Raf interrupted him at lunchtime. “Hey. How’s it going?”
“Slowly. Do you remember six-inch floppies?”
“You need a doctor?”
“You need to pick your teeth up from the floor?”
“You started it. What’s a…?”
“Don’t ask. They’re old tech. Slow tech. And he had hundreds of the things. Different question.”
“What’s the technical term for someone breaking into a place and leaving things?”
“Yeah. Food. Or at least I hope it’s meant as food. It made sense on the first day when Jon’s neighbour brought cake. I thought she was nosy, and it was an excellent cake. But now? Stuff turns up on the doorstep. There was a rabbit. And then a carp.”
“Why don’t you wait for them to drop off some vegetables and then ask Gareth to cook you dinner?”
“Not. Flynn said he’s driving up to see you tomorrow. You know that, right?”
“I know that.” Jack was looking forward to it. No. Scratch that. A visit was fine, and he was looking forward to it, but he wanted to be back home.
A long evening in the hot tub with music, a glass of red, and Gareth lounging in the water opposite him … now there was motivation to finish going through Jon’s notes.
Dwight & Conrad Casefiles Volume One
Part of The Power of Zero Series
Can love, loyalty, and family step in when the law needs help?
Join Jack Horwood and Gareth Flynn as they tackle murder, secrets, and moral dilemmas in a world where the law isn’t always enough – while finding comfort in each other and their home-made family.
The first volume of Dwight & Conrad Casefiles stories includes:
Mouse Hunt: When a friend’s death and old secrets collide, Jack has no choice but to step up and help.
A Very Bagpuss Christmas: Can adopting a cat really cause so much heartache that Jack considers escaping to Tokyo? Can Gareth fix what’s going wrong?
Grand Union Hunt: Gareth lives to help people. But should he obey the law or follow his conscience?
When the Law Needs Help is a collection of three tales set in and featuring characters from the Power of Zero world.
Jackie writes a mix of suspense, action adventure, fantasy and history, loves stories with layers, plots with twists and characters with hidden depths. She adores friends to lovers stories, and tales of unexpected reunions, second chances, and men who write their own rules. She blogs about English history and food, has a thing for green eyes, and is a great believer in making up soundtracks for everything, including her characters and the cat.
Connect with Jackie:
- Newsletter: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/p9n4w0
- The Escape Room, Jackie’s VIP Reader Group on Ream: https://reamstories.com/jackiekeswick/
- FB Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JackiesKitchen
- Website: https://www.jackiekeswick.com
- FB Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/JackieKeswick
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jackiekeswick/
- Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jackiekeswick
To celebrate the release of When the Law Needs Help, Jackie is giving away a Special Pick Your Own Book Bundle from Jackie’s Online store (3 ebooks)! Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for your chance to win!
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.