Today I am so pleased to welcome M.D. Neu to Joyfully Jay. M.D. has come to talk to us about his latest release, Mu; Legend of a Lost City. He has also brought along a great giveaway. Please join me in giving a big welcome!
Why you should read Mu; Legend of a Lost City?
Hello, I’m author M.D. Neu and today I want to tell you about my exciting new action adventure novel Mu; Legend of a Lost City.
What is Mu?
Mu is a ‘mythical’ lost continent introduced by Augustus Le Plongeon (1825–1908), who identified the “Land of Mu” with Atlantis. The name was subsequently identified with the hypothetical land of Lemuria by James Churchward (1851–1936), who asserted that it was located in the Pacific Ocean before its destruction.
But could the location be real? Is there a whole new world in the Pacific Ocean waiting to be found?
Here are five reasons why you should read this new book:
- Mu; Legend of a Lost City is an adventure and science fiction novel based on the intriguing concept of a lost continent in the Pacific Ocean, inspired by the works of Augustus Le Plongeon and James Churchward, however the main characters in the novel are two gay men and a female scientist. The novel is a reflective of our diverse society and takes place in the San Francisco Bay Area, a location not typically spotlighted in science fiction and adventure works.
- The novel explores the connection between the mysterious 2025 Great Pacific Pulse Event, which caused an environmental catastrophe along the west coast of the North American Continent, and the secrets of Mu a supposed mystical place that couldn’t possibly exist. When the Queen and King of Mu were found dead, a pulse weapon was fired towards the North American coast. How are these two mysteries connected? What will happen when our world and the world of Mu collide? Are these two events connected? If so, how, and will we find out the truths that lay in the depths of the Pacific Ocean before another pulse is fired?
- The novel features three compelling protagonists: Kaimi, a Prince of Mu who is to be the next ruler of Mu who happens to be gay man who seeks the truth of his parents’ murder in Mu. He’s not perfect and has to answer for his current and past actions as well as decide what he really wants out of life. Karen, a scientist who believes in the impossible and wants to find out the truth about Mu, and if she is able to solve the mysteries of the Pacific Pulse Event all the better. And Michael, a gay billionaire investor who’s past in the adult entertainment industry, has left him lonely and looking for a way to make a difference in a world that looks down on him. Will this adventure lead him to love or heartbreak? Can these three people discover the truths they are looking for?
- I believe Mu; Legend of a Lost City is a thrilling blend of adventure, mystery, and suspense, with twists and turns that will keep readers hooked until the end. My goal when I created this science fiction adventure story was to have a fun novel that readers could sit back and enjoy and hopefully meet some wonderful characters along the way.
- I worked to have my novel raise thought-provoking questions about the nature of our world, how we treat each other and how we perceive acceptable lives vs. unacceptable lives, and the consequences of all our actions on the environment.
For years, the whispers and legends of a lost city hiding in the Pacific Ocean were just that; legend. On the day Kaimi discovers his parents, the Queen and King of Mu, murdered, Mu’s most powerful weapon fired, sending a pulse rushing towards the North American west coast.
After the 2025 Great Pacific Pulse Event, or Pulse, vomited up much of humankind’s trash in the Pacific Ocean along the North American west coast. The mysterious occurrence causing the largest environmental disaster in human history, people are no longer certain there is nothing concealed in the depths of the ocean.
Scientist Karen Linn and billionaire investor Michael Donovan want to find out what actually happened that day five years ago. Will Michael’s life in the adult entertainment industry and Karen’s moniker in pseudoscience keep them as social pariahs, or are they on the cusp of finding a civilization that has been kept out of our grasp, deep in the world’s largest ocean? How does the event from five years ago tie into the murder of the Queen and King of Mu?
What lies under the sea may be bigger than anyone can imagine, and neither civilization may be ready for the truth.
- Universal Buy Link: https://books2read.com/Mu-Legend-of-a-Lost-City
- Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/198333060-mu-legend-of-a-lost-city
- Liminal Fiction (LimFic.com) Link: https://www.limfic.com/book/mu-legend-of-a-lost-city/
- QueeRomance Ink Link: https://www.queeromanceink.com/book/mu-legend-of-a-lost-city/
M.D. Neu is an international award-winning inclusive queer Fiction Writer with a love for writing and travel. Living in the heart of Silicon Valley (San Jose, California) and growing up around technology, he’s always been fascinated with what could be. Specifically drawn to Science Fiction and Paranormal television and novels, M.D. Neu was inspired by the great Gene Roddenberry, George Lucas, Stephen King, Alice Walker, Alfred Hitchcock, Harvey Fierstein, Anne Rice, and Kim Stanley Robinson. An odd combination, but one that has influenced his writing.
Growing up in an accepting family as a gay man he always wondered why there were never stories reflecting who he was. Constantly surrounded by characters that only reflected heterosexual society, M.D. Neu decided he wanted to change that. So, he took to writing, wanting to tell good stories that reflected our diverse world.
When M.D. Neu isn’t writing, he works for a non-profit and travels with his biggest supporter and his harshest critic, Eric his husband of twenty plus years.
- Author Website: https://www.mdneu.com
- Author Facebook (Author Page): https://www.facebook.com/mdneuauthor
- Author Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authormdneu/
- Author Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/66488958-md
- Author Liminal Fiction (LimFic.com): https://www.limfic.com/mbm-book-author/m-d-neu/
- Author QueeRomance Ink: https://www.queeromanceink.com/mbm-book-author/m-d-neu/
- Author Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/M-D-Neu/e/B076FK1S14
Marvin is giving an ebook of Volaria to three different winners:
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- By entering you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions set out by Rafflecopter for entries.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize. In order to facilitate prize distribution, the winner name’s and email may be provided to a third party awarding the prize.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Void where prohibited by law.