This was a weird one for me with the inauguration, the marches, etc. I am feeling a mix of anger, despair, frustration, and fear. And at the same time, so proud to see so many women and men who are out there fighting and standing up for their beliefs and showing the world (and hopefully our government) that we won’t stand for anything less than fair treatment for everyone. So lots of intense feelings, both good and bad. I know many of you guys are feeling the same so I hope you all are hanging in there all right.
Also a mix of excitement and fear, this week is my birthday! I am one of those people who makes everyone make a big deal out of her birthday (does that surprise a single one of you who knows me? No, I think it does not). So I am excited because I have all the fun things planned, but also kind of terrified because somehow this one is hitting me hard. So I have some thoughts I’ll be sharing on Wednesday.
And lastly, I announced this on Friday in our Weekly Newsletter (and check out here if you don’t subscribe because they are full of all the news and book sales), but our reviewer Wendy has officially stepped down. She has been on a leave of absence this summer dealing with some personal stuff, and we had been hoping she would be able to make it back, but unfortunately that is not the case. So please join me in thanking her for the incredible amount of time and effort she gave to the blog over the 15 months or so she was reviewing. Believe it or not, she reviewed 200 books in that time! Holy cow, rock star, girl! So we wish her all the best and so appreciate the time she gave to the blog.
Ok, so here is what we have planned this week…
- Review: Whiteout by Elyse Springer (Jay)
- Review: Falling for the Player by Jessica Lee (Michelle)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Nachos & Hash by Brandon Witt
- Review: Love in the Line of Fire by Michael Murphy (Sue)
- Review: Artificial Heart by T.A. Creech (Kris)
- Review: The Puritan Pirate by Jules Radcliffe (Jay)
- Super Duper Paperback Bundle Giveaway!
- Review: The Closer I Get by Draven St. James and L.L. Dahlin (Michelle)
- Review: Dearly Stalked by Allison Cassatta (Kenna)
- Review: Changing Jamie by Dakota Chase (Kirsty)
- Joyfully Jay Birthday Musings
- Review: The Darkest Ink by Liza Kaye (Camille)
- Guest Post and Giveaway: Lunch with the Do-Nothings at the Tammy Dinette by Killian B. Brewer
- Review: Broadway Babe by J.C. Long (Kris)
- Review: Berserker by J.B. Dabney (Veronica)
- Review: The Alpha King by Victoria Sue (Jay)
- Review: Camouflage by Jon Keys (Sue)
- Review: New Vocations by T.A. Chase (Kenna)
- Review: Hot Flash by Nicole Casey (Michelle)
- Guest Post: POW by Max Vos
- Review: Exile by Caleb James (Sammy)
- Cover Reveal: Bonfires by Amy Lane
- Review: Trust Trade by Ki Brightly (Camille)
- Audiobook Review: What Remains by Garrett Leigh (Michelle)
- Review: Second Shot by Ali Atwood (Veronica)
And that should do it for this week! Enjoy!