Today I am so pleased to welcome K.M. Neuhold to Joyfully Jay. K.M. has come to talk to us about her latest release, Crankshaft. She has also brought along an exclusive excerpt and a great giveaway. Please join me in giving her a big welcome!
Thank you so much for allowing me to pop in and talk about my newest release, Crankshaft. This is the first book in my new series, Big Bull Mechanics. If you read and loved my Four Bears Construction series, you’ll remember the beloved veterinarian Porter. Well, he’s finally getting his very own HEA with the swoony and sexy Big Bull Mechanics owner, Steele! This is a spin-off series, but you can absolutely start at Crankshaft and move forward. Here’s what you can expect to find in Crankshaft:
- A big, burly mechanic gets Topped
- Neither has time for love, but love has time for them 😉
- Strangers to Friends to Lovers
- Steamy Love Scenes and Classic Cars
- All the crass shenanigans you can handle from the foul-mouthed but soft-hearted mechanics
“Fine, hit me with your best line.”
“Oh no, it’s too dangerous,” he warns. “Men have been known to spontaneously fall to their knees with a desperate need to blow me when they hear my expert pickup lines.”
I snort and then guzzle the rest of my drink, the alcohol pooling warm in my belly and making my head buzz after drinking it that fast. I signal Sawyer for another and brace my elbows on the bar, turning a flirtatious smile on Steele.
“I think I can handle it.”
“Okay, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.” He sits a little straighter and leans close, pinning me in place with his sharp blue eyes. When he speaks again, his voice has lowered a couple of octaves, the sound vibrating over my skin. “I’m an astronaut, and my next mission is to explore Uranus.”
I throw my head back and cackle. “Oh my god, no.”
“No good? Okay, let me try again.” He clears his throat. “The best thing about sex with a mechanic is that we’re good at finding just the right spot by feel alone.” He wiggles two fingers, and my body heats.
“That one was better,” I concede, immediately reaching for the next drink Sawyer drops off so I can cool myself down. “We have met, by the way.”
I nod. “It’s okay. I’ll try not to take it personally that you don’t remember me. But for the record, I will be pissed if you forget me again.” I hold out my hand to officially introduce myself, leaning in a little closer to whisper near his ear, “My name is Porter. You should remember it because you’re going to be moaning it later.”
I don’t have time for a relationship, not even with the adorably dorky vet I can’t seem to stop bumping into… *sigh * pass the oil and lube
Between running a garage full of beefed up, gear head mechanics and bailing my idiot brother out of trouble every other week, the last thing I have time for is a relationship.
I’ve tried it too many times, and the ridiculous reasons I always find to end it have become a running joke around the garage. But I’ve learned my lesson. No. More. Boyfriends.
I don’t care how many times Porter falls asleep drunk in my bed or how cute he looks covered in oil smears while I teach him how to fix up the vintage car he has rusting away in his garage, I’m not going to fall for him.
Even if I did, what do a mechanic and a veterinarian have in common anyway?
It’s better if we’re only friends… friends who occasionally fiddle with each other’s crankshafts…
Buy Link: Amazon
Author K.M.Neuhold is a complete romance junkie, a total sap in every way. She started her journey as an author in new adult, MF romance, but after a chance reading of an MM book she was completely hooked on everything about lovely- and sometimes damaged- men finding their Happily Ever After together. She has a strong passion for writing characters with a lot of heart and soul, and a bit of humor as well. And she fully admits that her OCD tendencies of making sure every side character has a full backstory will likely always lead to every book having a spin-off or series. When she’s not writing she’s a lion tamer, an astronaut, and a superhero…just kidding, she’s likely watching Netflix and snuggling with her husky while her amazing husband brings her coffee.
K.M. has brought a copy of Crankshaft to give away to one lucky reader. Just leave a comment at the end of the post to enter. The contest ends on Wednesday, June 8th at 11:59 pm ET.
- By entering the giveaway, you’re confirming that you are at least 18 years old.
- Winners will be selected by random number. No purchase necessary to win. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- If you win, you must respond to my email within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Please make sure that your spam filter allows email from Joyfully Jay.
- Winners may be announced on the blog following the contest. By entering the contest you are agreeing to allow your name to be posted and promoted as the contest winner by Joyfully Jay.
- Prizes will be distributed following the giveaway either by Joyfully Jay or the person/organization donating the prize.
- All book prizes are in electronic format unless otherwise specified.
- By entering you are agreeing to hold Joyfully Jay harmless if the prize or giveaway in some way negatively impacts the winner.
- Readers may only enter once for each contest. Duplicate entries for the same giveaway will be ignored. In the event of technical problems with the blog during the contest, every effort will be made to extend the contest deadline to allow for additional entries.
- Void where prohibited by law.